This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Senior year of high school, my trusty, multi-pocketed backpack, with heavily padded shoulder straps suddenly broke. Distraught, I went searching for a new one. When the local store was sold out of Jansports, I came across what would eventually become—and I kid you not—the single best non-essential item I ever purchased: my Fjallraven Kanken backpack. While this bag is small, it’s boxy and undiscriminating inside proves deceivingly large. I’m thankful of its waterproof fabric every time it rains or snows (looking at you, Ann Arbor). While this backpack is not meant for those who carry pencil cases with a million highlighters and cling dearly onto 4-inch binders, it’s ideal for students who bring minimal supplies to lecture. This backpack doubles as the perfect day bag since it is lightweight, durable, and fashionable!

Buy them online, http://www.fjallraven.us/collections/kanken, or at their store on Main Street!

Photos courtesy of fjallraven.us and ned.wiki.com