Wolverine Weekends With Caroline: Super Bowl Sunday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Though we may not all the biggest football fans out there (except if you’re a Michigan Wolverine), Super Bowl Sunday is an American tradition that every collegiette™ should honor.  You don’t want to miss out on a night of great munchies, one-of-a-kind commercials, Madonna’s halftime performance, and of course, the biggest NFL game of the year.

On Sunday, February 5th, mark your calendars for Super Bowl XLVI! Take a look at these simple ways to get in that football frenzy spirit:

Host your own Super Bowl Party
Invite over a group of friends to watch the game at your house.  Be sure to stock up on lots of “easy” appetizers (chips and salsa, pigs in a blanket, cheese and crackers) that can easily be refilled throughout the night.  Don’t worry about buying too much food, your guests will more than likely bring over some goodies, too.

Hit up the Fraternity House
Watching the Super Bowl filled with a house of frat guys who can’t get enough football means one thing – chaos.  And that’s what Super Bowl Sunday is all about! So, if you’re particularly friendly with a certain fraternity, grab your girlfriends and head over to their house for a night of unbelievably fun entertainment.

Head into Town
If you’re in the mood to watch the game with a bunch of rowdy and obnoxious football fans, going to the bars or somewhere like Buffalo Wild Wings is the place for you.  Prepare to be surrounded by angry, drunk men screaming and cursing at the television.  This will definitely be a Super Bowl experience you won’t forget.

Whatever you choose to do, have a great time, but remember to go easy on the booze – there will be school the next day! 

photo curtesy of super bowl xlvi

Caroline is a junior at the University of Michigan, studying Communications & Writing. She was born and raised a Jersey girl but attends school in the Midwest and now lives out West in Arizona.  In her free time, Caroline enjoys playing tennis, reading James Patterson novels, cheering on the Wolverines at the Big House, lounging in the Arizona sunshine, and snuggling with her boxer puppy.