Why Grey’s Anatomy Is Taking Over My Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

When my friends first realized that I’ve never seen Grey’s Anatomy, the response that I got was complete shock. I’m the girl in my group of friends who’s pretty on top of her pop culture – and not to toot my own horn, but I’m usually the first to hear the best new song or watch the newest show. But I never really got Grey’s… I never understood the hype about the show, and honestly I have always been pretty squeamish when it comes to needles and blood, so why bother watching it?

Well, little did I know how freakin’ life changing this show would be. After starting the first episode, I. was. hooked. So if you’re looking for a new show, or just somehow have a lot of free time on your hands, here’s why you need to start watching (or re-watching) Grey’s Anatomy:

It’s not only the best Netflix binge on the planet, but you’ll have endless episodes to watch. Seriously – 13 seasons and counting, ladies…

Meredith and Christina will show you what true friendship is really like…

You’ll fall in love with Dr. Derek Shepherd because he’s perfect.

And you’ll wish that you were Meredith Grey so that you could be with Dr. Shepherd…

You’ll be crying one minute from what seems like the most intense moment of your life,

And then laughing the next second…

And if this hasn’t convinced you enough, you just need to start watching, like yesterday. It’s never too late to start, and I promise, you won’t regret it!

Photos courtesy of giphy and Tumblr.

I'm a Freshman at the University of Michigan! I am in LSA and am planning on being a Psychology and Communications major.