Wes Vear, Class of 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

I’m pleased to announce that Wes Vear is this week’s campus celebrity!

Disclaimer: Wes is super popular and his celebrity standing extends to the full calendar year.

Wes is super involved on campus. He’s been a member of the Men’s Rowing team for the past 4 years, and he’s also a part of Central Student Government and the Club Sports Council.

Wes Vear: “I’m the Club Sports Ex-Officio Representative on the Central Student Government Assembly—so I represent the 1,700 Club Sports athletes in CSG. I’m also the Men’s Rowing Team representative for Club Sports Council.”

Impressed? Wait, it doesn’t stop there…

WV: “I also work in a research lab in the chemistry department, working on water oxidation. And I volunteer with Michigan from the Heart, where athletes go visit kids at Mott’s Children’s Hospital.”

Anything else, Wes?

WV: “I also cook the best breakfast you’ll ever have.”

There you have it folks.

Her Campus: This is an awesome photo. Where was it taken?

WV: The Henley Royal Regatta in England.

HC: Is that your favorite regatta?

WV: By far my favorite regatta. Formal dress code in the Stewards Enclosure.

HC: So that’s why you’re dressed up?

WV: Yeah. Men are required to wear jackets and women are required to wear dresses.

(Pictured here, fourth from the left)

Basics:

HC: Hometown?

WV: “Marquette, MI in the UP. No, we aren’t all related.”

HC: Tell me a fun fact about yourself.

WV: “Went to watch Toy Story 2 in theaters when I was younger with my friend’s godmother, Oprah Winfrey.”

Favorites:

HC: Favorite memory at Michigan so far?

WV: “My first welcome week, wondering if college would always be like that.”

HC: Favorite Women’s sports team?

WV: “I’ll get in trouble if I don’t say the Women’s Rowing Team.”

HC: Favorite celebrity?

WV: Her Excellency The Rev. Sir Doctor Stephen Tyrone Mos Def Colbert, D.F.A., Heavyweight Champion of the World** featuring Flo Rida La Premiere Dame De France (Stephen Colbert).

HC: Favorite quote?

WV: “I’m still not sure why you have so many pictures of young Woody Harrelson all around your house.”  –Dan Vitas, Wes’s (hilarious) best friend/boyfriend

HC: Favorite movie?

WV: “Interstellar.”

HC: Favorite band/artist?

WV: “Dave Matthews Band or Bon Iver.”

Preferences:

HC: Wine or beer?

WV: “Depends on if I want to end up running around naked by the end of the night.”

HC: Rick’s or Skeeps?

WV: “Rick’s. Its combination of grime, puke in the bathroom sinks, and low lighting is impossible to top.”

We’re all dying to know….:

HC: What’s on your bucket list?

WV: Have sex in space.

HC: Who’s your Dream Girl? Laura Kooistra? (Michigan student/certified hottie)

WV: Naturally.

HC: Ha-ha-ha

WV: Shakira Salma Hayek. Or anyone that will speak Spanish to me all night long.

HC: This is some great material.

WV: But seriously, make sure you add the Spanish speaking description. I’m trying to troll for Latinas.

(Wes and I freshmen year. The theme was “famous couples.”)