Rebecca Soverinsky: A Dancer and A Writer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Seeking inspiration from a loud, lovable, and multi-talented Campus Celebrity of the week? Look no further than the one and only Rebecca Soverinsky! Not only is Becca a wonderfully talented dancer on the Dance 2XS team, but she is also one of our own – a Her Campus Michigan writer! Wow – what a killer combo. Here’s what we learned about Becca and the 2XS team in our chat.

Her Campus: Can you tell us a little bit about the recent Dance 2XS event?

Rebecca Soverinsky: Every year we host a Bar Night, and it’s always in October and usually falls on Halloween (but this year it was a week earlier). Basically we put together a bunch of different clips of songs to make one set, and every year the set has a different theme. Last year was Back to the Future and the year before was called Mind Set, but this year it was 2MA’s (like the VMA’s). All the pieces were different popular songs from Jay Z, Miley, or other people who are well known at the VMA’s. On Bar Night, different groups come together from different places – some professional hip hop teams and some collegiate teams from out of state – to perform. Everyone performs at Necto and people watch – it looks like Step Up because it’s on a bar floor. It’s cool to perform with everyone because these people are really good!

HC: So cool! Do you have any other performances coming up?

RS: Yes! November 13th is Encore’s Bar Night, which is the same thing as ours except that Encore hosts it and we’ll be performing at that one. December 6th is Urbanite which is when we travel to Chicago and perform with other groups. It’s basically the same idea as Bar Night but it’s bigger and there are more performers. Second semester we have our Bar Night again, then Encore’s Bar Night, and then Urbanite again.

HC: So rumor has it you write for Her Campus too! What’s your favorite part about being on the staff?

RS: I love writing for Her Campus! I think my favorite part is that I like getting to talk to different people that I wouldn’t always get to talk to had I not had the opportunity to write for Her Campus.

HC: So Halloween is coming up soon, do you have any inspiring ideas for Halloween costumes?

RS: Hmmm I’m not sure. My roommate and I may be Zeenon and Nebula one night, which I thought was pretty good!

HC: What’s your favorite Halloween candy?

RS: The Reese’s that are pumpkin shaped are my favorite, but they only come out around Halloween. My favorite candy always is Hershey’s Cookies and Cream! I also like candy corn but for some reason I only eat those around Halloween too.

HC: Quick! Name your favorite Halloween themed movie.

RS: Either Halloweentown or Hocus Pocus!

HC: Thanks for talking to us!

RS: Anytime!