This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Name: Mike Dryden

Year: Senior

Major: Neuroscience

Hometown: Petoskey, MI

Relationship Status: Taken

Her Campus: What are your hobbies?

Mike DrydenI love to ski and would do so more if we had a good local hill. In the summer, I love to be outside running, biking, or hiking through the woods and camping. When I can look up, astronomy has always been a huge thing for me.

HCWhere do you see yourself in five years?

MD: I see myself either in medical school or as a Ph.D. candidate in neurobiology. In the next 10-15 years, we’re going to see an explosion in brain research and neurological disorders, and I would love to participate in that in any way I can.

HC: What’s something that not everyone knows about you?

MD: Growing up, I was incredibly shy and never spoke up very much. I was almost timid. This usually surprises people who know me now as being more outgoing and eccentric. I can really thank coming to school here at Michigan for that. The last four years have really helped me become who I am and move out of that phase in my life.

HC: What will you miss most about Michigan after you graduate?

MD: I will miss the atmosphere. It is so upbeat and progressive here, and it is unlike many other places. We’re open minded, we don’t fear change, and we all strive to be the best in whichever direction we’re going. U of M has such a positive environment surrounding it, and I will for sure miss that.

An aspiring French journalist, Chloe has been working with the Her Campus brand since prior to the University of Michigan's launch. In addition to authoring "Keeping Up with Chloe," a biweekly blog published within the University of Michigan branch, Chloe is a Chapter Advisor. Her favorite column will always be the Campus Cuties, though! When Chloe is not writing for, publicizing, or working with other chapters of Her Campus, she enjoys painting, making jewelry, exercising, baking, and having movie nights with her friends.Her archive can be found at hercampus.com/chloe-logan.