Looking HOT in the Cold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

As the temperature continues to drop in Ann Arbor, we must say so long to the warm weather and hello to the cold. I know for me the first sign that it is officially cold is when my iced coffee is traded in for hot coffee, when the tables at Revive are no longer outside, and when I am wearing more than three layers at all times. But here are a few good tips to staying hot and looking hotter, even in the bitter cold.

Revolve Clothing, $61

A fur vest is the perfect layering piece for any outfit. You can wear it under your coat or over to stay warm and look cute. Wear it with jeans, leggings, or even over a dress. My two staples for cold weather are always fur and leather. 

Forever 21, $8.80 

Keep your hands warm and stylish this winter with these gloves from Forever 21. They are cheap, functional, and different than your average pair of gloves. Instead of saying hello to a friend on the diag, you can just flash them the “Hi” glove.

Free People, $38

A hat is the perfect way to add something to an outfit, while staying warm. This beanie from Free People is perfect to wear everyday and will keep your ears hot.

Sam, $295

A warm coat is an absolute must for winter in Ann Arbor. This is my favorite coat that my best friends, Jamie and Emily, both wear.  You can wear this coat everyday and it comes in many different colors and lengths.

Nasty Gal, $35

This infinity scarf from Nasty Gal will match almost every outfit. You can loop it once or twice for a different look. Put it on with jeans and a t-shirt and your look is complete.