Kylie’s Finds: Week 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Why hello there, procrastination fiends.  I’m glad you’ve found your way back to my blog for week two.  As previously assured, this week’s post (and all posts in the future) will serve as a fine way to make sure that you’re not doing what you’re supposed to do for at least 3-5 minutes out of your working day.  Hey, I’m here to let you stray off the path of productivity for a quick breather… not to make you fail out of college. 

So ANYWAY, this week’s find comes from stumbleupon (aka, the worst thing that has ever happened to me and my will power since Cold Stone Creamery).  It’s just a quick link to a video without any links to any other distractions anywhere else on the page, so it’s possible that you’ll be able to hop back into focus mode relatively quickly after checking it out. 

I encourage you to go watch the video (which you can see here) before reading any further.  You can come back to me, or not.  Either way, I’m just glad to have had the opportunity to infect as many people as possible with this adorable and funny video of a dog at his lowest point in life.  Honestly, I’m pretty sure I watched it about 5 times throughout the first day I saw it – there’s just something about the dog’s impressively human-like guilt that made me laugh. 

Growing up, I was always the kid who was basically obsessed with sugary treats because my mother wouldn’t really let me have a lot of the stuff that I wanted. Trust me, she wasn’t necessarily being unreasonable… I was just a crack head for candy and whatnot – and admittedly still sort of am.  Many times throughout my childhood, I really do remember feeling exactly like this dog (and maybe even making those faces – although I kind of hope not) after having been caught sneaking into the pantry to get my grubby little hands on the second Pop Tart in the package. For those of you who were not Pop Tarts kids, allow me to explain: although the listed serving size is one Pop Tart, I simply couldn’t fathom why there would be two Pop Tarts in the package if they only wanted you to eat one of them.  I argued this again and again with my mother, who insisted that she was, in fact, correct, leaving me disappointed and resentful as I glared at the uneaten pastry delight going back into the box from which it came. 

Long story short, the video is funny, I liked it a lot, and I feel the poor dog’s pain.  Sometimes when you’re all alone, the snacks just call you by name.  Poor guy was just a victim to the gravitational pull of kitty treats – what’s a dog to do? 

Nikki is a senior at the University of Michigan double majoring in English and Communication Studies.  In addition to Her Campus, Nikki is also involved in Ed2010, The Forum-Michigan's Greek Life Newspaper, Alpha Delta Pi, and Gamma Sigma Alpha.  In her spare time, she enjoys being outside, playing guitar, going on bike rides, and traveling.  Her guilty pleasures include celebrity gossip sites, Glee, and chocolate chip cookies.