Kylie’s Finds (First of Winter 2012 Semester!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

So… you guys, I kinda fell off the map.  This past semester was absolutely out of control, and admittedly, I bit off a little more than I could chew.  HOWEVER, this semester, I promise to do better and to provide you with more glorious finds of the interwebs.  I’m sure that you’ll find a way to forgive me for my absence eventually.  Moving on!

Have you ever found yourself sitting in a crowded party, staring around the room, just sort of observing the madness from the outside?  It’s something like an unkempt zoo… it’s loud, packed, sweaty, and mostly full of guys who could (at the very best) qualify as animals.  As girls, we’re often quite discouraged when trying to meet quality guys when we go out… for some reason, it seems like the good guys must all stay at home all weekend, or maybe they’re just avoiding every spot you frequent.  Either way, it’s easy to feel like you’re never going to find a guy you could show off to your friends and family when you’re frequenting the party scene.

Having said all of this, I’d like to call your attention to a pretty neat addition to the family of U of M online startups:  Date Blue.  Founded by Jonathan Coren, a junior in the Stephen M. Ross School of Business, Date Blue promises to put an end to the hopelessness by supplying an exclusive online dating service that’s free, and ONLY for U of M students!  Imagine how nice it would be to browse through potential romantic interests without having to scream into their ear over the music and drunken squealing of your friends – nice!

Date Blue will launch on January 14, 2012, and already has a Facebook page and a Twitter account.  Follow them on Twitter at @MDateBlue, and be sure to like them on Facebook, too.  Once the site goes live, you’ll be able to set up your account at www.mdateblue.com.  Best of luck, ladies!  

Nikki is a senior at the University of Michigan double majoring in English and Communication Studies.  In addition to Her Campus, Nikki is also involved in Ed2010, The Forum-Michigan's Greek Life Newspaper, Alpha Delta Pi, and Gamma Sigma Alpha.  In her spare time, she enjoys being outside, playing guitar, going on bike rides, and traveling.  Her guilty pleasures include celebrity gossip sites, Glee, and chocolate chip cookies.