Style > Fashion

Bring Back the Old Juicy Couture!

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

As a Juicy Couture tracksuit fanatic who has been obsessed with Juicy tracksuits from the age of 6 due to my mom decking me out in them from a young age, I’d like to say that I miss the old Juicy Couture. Remember the gorgeous logoed jackets? The properly flared velour pants? The bedazzled tracksuit pants that had “JUICY” on your butt? The waist cinching zip ups?  

I feel like the Juicy tracksuit is something that is ingrained into my childhood. My mom–whom I rarely saw out of heels, dresses, or other professional yet fashionable ensembles–had a soft spot for Juicy tracksuits. On days when she would pick me up from school, if she had time to stop by the house before coming to my school and if she was feeling a little lazier, she would always show up in one of her Juicy tracksuit coordinated with either Isabel Marant, Armani, or Ash wedge sneakers. As a petite woman, wedge sneakers were something my mom considered a necessity whenever she was not in heels–which was only on very, very occasions. I remember my mom’s walk-in closet had a section solely dedicated to Juicy tracksuits. She had every color from pink to black to turquoise, every style from the boot leg to flare to shorts, and every fabric type from velour to terry cloth to cashmere. It’s safe to say that my addiction and obsession with Juicy tracksuits comes from my mom. 

Juicy was all the rage in the 2000s and the 2010s when Paris Hilton was essentially queen of the world and had huge sway over what was considered trendy or not. When you look at pictures from that time period, celebrities were choosing to be seen in Juicy and some even went on red carpets with Juicy on. A Juicy tracksuit was like a less expensive trendy item that everyone from celebrities to girls in high school wanted to own. The downfall of Juicy Couture can be attributed to a lot of different factors. It was mostly due to internal conflict and a decline in sales. However, they are on the rise again in recent years!   

I personally still wear one of the multiple juicy tracksuits that I stole from my mom’s closet before leaving for college at least once a week. I mean, why did those tracksuits go out of style? They are the perfect mix of a cute and comfy outfit. Whenever I feel like having a lazier day or when I don’t feel like putting an outfit together, I just slip into my Juicy tracksuit and all my fashion and outfit worries for the day are tossed out of the window.  

Anyways, I just want the old Juicy back! My friend sent me a TikTok video recently that said the “old juicy couture” was making a comeback and that they were dropping a new collection that emulated the old style. I was super excited to buy new tracksuits that looked like the old juicy couture. Unfortunately, when I looked on the website, I was sorely disappointed. The new tracksuits simply do not have the same effect as the ones which were super popular in the 2000s and 2010s had. Everything from the fabric material to the cut to the way that the new tracksuits hang on your body is simply different. Now, some people may be a fan of this new version of Juicy Couture, but I would like to say that I personally am not a fan, and I don’t think I’ll be expanding my wardrobe with any of the newer styles.  

This is all I have to say: Bring the old Juicy back! 

GFX1JH7GIxAhxPV5PRK LbsD1SLiv9JaNagrA6ffZ4gkrLpGO0GEVBoPJM7 Y5OJEdjqug croLEga FEQ1HcFiHcbNALinMUt0Jdo1jfVaLpfmqM9mvLSi0xEp6Q

Yy4JO0bXAnD9AM3NF2BjO4wUZ Nb7hVjMbCQeJ QUIfe r0V9a8tP5SsSu tOnCToc4v7ONoi8JNTYtdOs6Zo057xeeNoC7Yi5r6MLs2yBltt1CUs6h9SEDyxtZa lS

Temmie is a pre medical undergraduate student who is an avid shoe shopper, casual golfer, and frequent art exhibition visitor.