I Channeled Khloé Kardashian’s Hair for a Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Let’s be honest real quick: Khloé Kardashian is #lifegoals right now. Everything she does and says is amazing, not to mention she looks divine. Like all the time. With all the praise over her bangin’ body these days, one key Khloé feature seems to be left out of the babble: her fabulous hair. I don’t know how she does it, but from the red carpet to giving Kourtney a sour-cream-and guac-shower, Khloé’s hair is always on point. Since I don’t foresee myself morphing into a Kardashian anytime soon, I figured the next best option would be to try out some of her famous ’dos. Every day for a week, I picked a Khloé hairstyle and did my very best to make Khloé proud. Let’s just say her glam squad is seriously earning their paycheck.

Monday: That Volume Tho

Prep time: 15 minutes (G-Bless the makers of hairspray)

Reactions: I’ll be honest, I had no idea how to style this. It was really just a guessing game with my head upside down for most of the time, but it turned out kinda, sorta voluminous. It’s def-sies not the look for thin hair; by the end of my third class gravity had taken its toll on my waves and I was looking very un-Kardashian. The big waves did make me feel a little more put together for a Monday though. Overall I’d give it a 4/10.

Tuesday: For When Your Cheekbones are on Fleek

Prep Time: 12 Minutes (very easy)

Reactions: One question: WHY is this a hair style?? Who looks good with a tight-low pony??? ZERO PEOPLE. Okay fine–yes Khloé, you look like a goddess, as usual, but for those of us with fat faces, this is REALLY not the most flattering look. Trust me. Also, I’m pretty sure I got a headache from my pony being too tight. Overall I’m gonna take a hard pass on this one, 2/10.

Wednesday: Hairception (Me, channeling Khloé, channeling Ariana Grande)

Prep Time: 10 minutes (8 of which were spent watching a YouTube hair tutorial)

Reactions: TBH, I kinda loved this look. Yeah, I felt like I was playing dress up, but who cares? It was fun! I did feel a little self-conscious at first but I got myself into the YOLO mood and rocked it. Also, the high-half pony stood up ~extremely~ well in the blizzard, so extra points for being durable. I can’t see this being my every day look, but maybe after a few more hair tutorials I can try it again. Good work Hairception, a solid 8/10. 

Thursday: I (attempted to) Fux with a Middle Part

Prep Time: 15 Minutes

Reactions: Clearly, I don’t know what a middle part is. Or where the center of my head is. Or how to smile in a picture. I definitely need to have a ruler with me next time I get up the courage to sport the (slightly off-center) middle part, but I’d say it was a subpar attempt for an early Thursday morning. I’m very undecided about this look. I spent the day pondering two somewhat conflicting sentiments: first, why in the world there weren’t billions of boys coming up to me randomly because my hair just looked that good, and secondly, how did my roommates let me leave the house looking like this? I still can’t make up my mind middle part, so I will leave this style alone right now—to be fuxed with another day, 6/10.

Friday: FriYAY

Prep Time: 1 Hour (ugh, for real)

Reactions: Low key, I think I fell in love. It may have taken a bit of time (or, forever) but it was so worth it. I definitely got a couple looks walking around campus, but I think they were just looks of awe and jealousy–I mean come on, who doesn’t want hair like this?? Definitely the best way to end the week and kick off the start of Spring Break. Shout out to the seven youtube tutorials that made these Dutch braids happen. If you need me, I’ll be at Hair-Braiding school earning my degree and rockin this 10/10 look.

There’s a reason not everyone has a random accent mark in their name. Only Khloé can pull off Khloé, and I wouldn’t want it any other way. So, thanks Koko, ily and your hair. XOXO 

Images courtesy of: Us Magazine, Hollywood Life, Pinterest

Julie is a sophomore at the University of Michigan who is currently undecided on her major, and loving it. There is a 95% chance that when she is not showering, taking an exam, or sleeping, you will find her drooling over one of the twelve food acocunts she follows on instagram. Her hobbies include quoting every line from Gilmore Girls, planning her wedding to a professional hockey player, and taste testing all of the Michigan dining hall soups. For even more insight into her very eventful life, follow her on instagram @juliefurton.