How to Look Comfy and Cute for Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Finding the perfect balance between style and comfort is not easy for many college students. You either leave your dorm room looking like you’re on your way to a photoshoot, or you look like you just rolled out of bed. The balance is hard to perfect, but it is certainly not impossible. The key is finding certain accessories and pieces that make your comfy outfit more socially acceptable.

Scarves

I can’t begin to express how much scarves have saved me from looking like I just woke up. You can wrap your neck in a huge, comfy blanket scarf – it is not only super comfortable and keeps you warm all day, but it makes it look like you put effort into the outfit. Triple win!

Leggings

You can dress up leggings so much and be incredibly comfortable while looking great. Whoever told you leggings aren’t pants was lying or seriously disturbed. Try pair your leggings with your favorite black boots for a chic outfit.

Face powder

I hate wearing makeup to class, but applying face powder before you leave the door is the easiest thing you can do in the morning to freshen up. It takes two minutes and evens out your entire skin tone. This one simple step makes a huge difference and requires virtually no effort.

Jean Jacket

If you put a jean jacket over literally anything, your outfit will look infinitely better. You automatically look put together, and it’s perfect for those chilly morning walks through the Diag.

Joggers

While sweatpants might be pushing it, the rise of the jogger trend provides you with both comfort and style. Nobody will be judging you when you come to class in joggers because they’ll be too jealous!

Images Courtesy of: StayGlam, Bustle, Harper’s Bazaar, The Independent, and Pinterest