Grant Spurney, Class of 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Na​me: Grant Spurney

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Durham, NC

Fun Fact: Enjoys surfing on the beautiful beaches in Wilmington, NC

Campus Activities: Works at the NCRC, Social Chair of the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus: What are some qualities you look for in a girl that you may be interested in?

Grant Spurney: She needs to be funny, as well as have great culinary skills. I also look for a girl who knows how to have fun with me, as well as with my guy friends. In other words, she has to be “chill”. Preferably, I like girls who do not mind accompanying me to the gym. 

HC: As you know, Valentine’s Day is approaching. What would be the ideal way to have a romantic evening with that special someone?

GS: I would really like to take her out to dinner on a boat. I love boats because they are classy. We could also jump off and go swimming.

HC: What do you see yourself doing after you graduate U of M?

GS: I want to make enough money to one day buy myself a boat. I want to live by the beach with my beautiful family: two sons and a daughter. And my wife will age much better than I do, like fine wine.

HC:What is the craziest thing you have ever done to try and impress a girl?

GS: I was at a beach, and the girl I was interested in was at a different beach. I decided to walk a full two hours to try and meet up with her. It turns out, she was babysitting, so I tried to impress her by spending time with the kids.

HC: The University of Michigan, as you know, is a very prestigious institution. Does it intimidate you to know that you are surrounded by so many intelligent girls?

GS: No. I actually think that smart girls are the most fun types of girls to hang out with.

HC: If you could date any celebrity, who would it be and why?

GS: I absolutely love the show “Friends.” She’s kind of of old now, but when she was younger, Jennifer Aniston. If she’s anything like her character on television, then I am already in love with her.