Football Saturdays As Told By Disney Princesses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Everyone wants to have pride in his or her school. But what makes a school pride-worthy? Strong academics, great food, a welcoming and supportive environment, intelligent professors, a beautiful campus, blah, blah, blah, the list goes on. So many schools have all of these qualities and are perfectly deserving of your pride. But what’s the one thing that sets the University of Michigan apart from every other school with all of these characteristics?

Football Saturdays.

Tons of schools have great football programs, and we all know that great football makes for great tailgates. But there simply is no Football Saturday that compares to a Michigan Football Saturday. With Coach Harbaugh back in town, our team is picking up the pace and looking better than ever, and a better team makes for an even better Saturday.

These days are the days you dream about when you’re a little girl; they’re the days full of dancing, friends, and fun you always thought your college experience would include. And who was there when you were a little girl, to stand by you as you daydreamt about college tailgates and football games? That’s right, Disney princesses. So who better to tell the tale of a Michigan Football Saturday than the Disney princesses, right?

At 6am, your alarm goes off and you angrily hit the snooze button.

But then your roommate comes in and jumps on you,

And you realize what day it is.

You pop out of bed and throw on the tailgate outfit you’ve been planning for weeks that’s been hanging on your closet door.

Wow your outfit is so trendy, but also so school spirited – you definitely nailed it.

Time to whip up a great breakfast (probably with lots of carbs),

Play some pump-up music,

Take some “candid” pregame pics,

And hop, skip, and jump down the street to your tailgate, thinking you look oh so graceful,

When in reality you’re stumbling all over the place. 

You get to the tailgate, suddenly excited to see so many people you hardly like.

You take a ton more “candid” pictures with your besties,

And dance on as many elevated surfaces as you can find.

Suddenly, you see “that guy” and point him out to your friends.

Crap, now he sees you gawking from across the tailgate.

Okay, act cool.

Next thing you know, this is happening:

And your friends are all:

Til they realize he’s the one from the bar who never texted you back.

You then realize they’re totally right and are the best, most supportive friends you could ever have.

WAIT… One more candid pic laughing, it could be pro-pic worthy.

Already game time? Time to head over to the Big House.

You cheer on your favorite team in a “chill” way, so you still look cool, obvi. 

And then half-time comes around and you’re starting to crash.

So you head on home,

Climb into your cozy, about-to-be-dirty bed,

And wake up 4 hours later, realizing you never took off your makeup.

You pop an asprin and eat until your heart’s content,

Then complain about how much you just ate, and therefore need to workout tomorrow.

Afterwards, you become one of two people,

Either you rally for the night,

Or head straight back to bed, knowing you had, yet again, another amazing Michigan Football Saturday. 

Images courtesy of: tumblr, giphy, cdn, fanpop, buzzfeed, photobucket, mediacache, blogspot, and sinapi.