This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Claire Krakowiak is an 18-year-old freshman at the University of Michigan, as well as the poster child for extra curricular activities. She is involved in six different clubs, and as a freshman, she has taken an advantage of all of the different activities and organizations this school has to offer! 

Her Campus: What clubs are you involved in? What are your positions on them?

Claire Krakowiak: I’m a chair of Movie Night Fellowship, a chair of Alumni in Alpha Phi Omega, a member of CHAARG where I will be a small group leader next year, I am the fundraising head of Wolverine CuiZine, and I’m also the secretary of the Markley Multicultural Council.

HC: What has been your favorite event/project that you’ve worked on this year?

CK: In my service frat, Alpha Phi Omega, I loved being a part of Dance Marathon. It was such an eye opening experience that I think everyone should experience at least once in his or her life. Although it was painful, I had such a great time bonding with my team and with the kids!

HC: What made you want to get involved?

CK: I wanted to meet new people by doing things that I was really passionate about. You tend to bond with people who have similar interests, and I found that to be true.

HC: What advice do you have for incoming freshman looking to get involved in clubs and organizations here on campus? 

CK: Although you’ll want to join a million clubs, narrow it down to two or three that you’re really passionate about. I was a part of six clubs during freshman year, and I had no time for myself! 

HC: What are your goals for sophomore year?

CK: Get more involved in the clubs I am sticking with (CHAARG and APO) and make the most out of my time in college. We only go through it once, and I don’t want to have any regrets.