This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

When the leaves change colors and the smell of crisp apple cider hangs in the air, who doesn’t want to savor in all fall has to offer? It’s time to get into that fall spirit and enjoy it while you can, and what better way than experiencing a farm or two. Here are the must tries of a Halloween farm:

1. Pig Racing

If you’ve never before seen a bunch of squealing pigs race around a track, then you don’t know what you’re missing out on. These cute little fellas can be found at Farmer Charley’s Kackleberry Farm, open from mid September to early November.

2. Pumpkin Picking

There’s nothing quite like being able to pick your own pumpkin from a patch. With so many uses for one — carving designs, pumpkin pie, and yummy pumpkin seeds — you’ll be longing to take more than just one home. 

3. Corn Maze

What’s better than getting lost in a maze and finding your way out with a bunch of friends? 

4. Haunted Houses 

Halloween isn’t Halloween without the terror that makes it so. Getting your bones rattled is the best way, and Wiard’s Orchards, open from late September to Halloween night, has special themed haunted houses, such as the Haunted Barn or Haunted Asylum. Try them all, if you so dare…

5. Fall Treats

This might just be the best part of the season! With apple cider, cinnamon doughnuts, funnel cake, and kettle corn, how can you go wrong? 

6. Pumpkin Chuckin

Watching a pumpkin get chucked in the air by a monster of a machine is pretty fascinating when you consider the science to it. Almost like experiencing medieval warfare! 

7. Petting Zoo

What could be cuter than a whole pen full of barn animals? Feeding a goat or llama and seeing some cute bunnies is always fun. 

8. Corn Box

Swimming through a sea of corn is a bucket list checkoff if you haven’t already written it down. 

Images Courtesy of: NJFair, Wiard’s, Bengston’s, Franklin Farmer’s Market, Food Network, Giphy, Allrecipes, The Kind Life, Car Interior Design, Miami Party Event Planner, Sophia Christos, and Daily Hive

I'm a senior at the University of Michigan majoring in English with a sub-concentration of creative writing and minoring in entrepreneurship. I love to read, write, create, and try new things. I enjoy life's little moments and love spending the day working in a cafe with a nice cup of coffee.