5 Things To Do In Ann Arbor Now That It’s Warm Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

The dreaded Michigan winter has ended, and spring has sprung here in Ann Arbor! The campus is back to its lively state with people flocking outside more than ever before. To make the most of this beautiful weather, here’s some things you can do! 

Visit Nichols arboretum

The University of Michigan is home to the beautiful Nichols Arboretum which is a beautiful escape from the hustle and bustle of Ann Arbor. Full of lush trees, flowers, and the Huron River, it’s the perfect place to unwind. Whether it’s taking a walk with some friends, laying by the water, or throwing a frisbee in the field…the opportunities are endless. And it’s open from sunrise to sunset! 

Go to the Kerry-town farmers market 

Every Wednesday and Saturday Kerry-town puts on a great farmers market from 7 AM to 3PM. Full of fresh fruit, veggies, plants, and so much more! It’s a way to add a little something fresh into your day and diet:) It’s also a great way to start your day and the perfect place to hang out with friends! 

explore downtown

Leaving the University of Michigan bubble is hard in the cold weather but now that the weather is nice, take a walk to downtown Ann Arbor. Get past State and Liberty and explore all Ann Arbor has to offer. Whether it’s restaurants, shops, or cafes, the city has so much to offer with new spots opening all the time. An escape from campus is necessary sometimes so take a walk and explore the city! 

Picnic/relax in the law quad or diag 

Now this one is extremely obvious…I know. But I have to say nothing beats relaxing on the grass of the Law Quad or Diag. Bring a blanket, games, a book, or even your homework and enjoy the sun. Nothing beats sitting here and looking around at all the cute humans doing the same thing as you. To make this even more aesthetic grab some cute food and drinks and invite your friends to enjoy a meal in the sun! 

Check out ann arbors seasonal events

Ann Arbor is a city full of lots of action. It seems like every week there is a new local event happening like concerts, pop ups, festivals, and so much more. During the warm weather these events are much more common with so many options! So, do a google search and find out what’s going on in the city this week. 

I hope one of these activities caught your eye and that you can enjoy the last of your semester here in Ann Arbor!

Hi!! I'm a freshman at Michigan who loves coffee, food, dogs, sports, and pop culture!