4 Types of Fashion Coats You Need for This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Now that fall is in full swing and #winteriscoming, it’s time to bundle up in coats and jackets. This year, instead of pulling out your typical black North Face, opt for something different and on trend for the season. Although it might be hard to break away from your regular coat, you won’t be sorry you did. Not only will you look great, but you will also be fully prepared for the unpredictable Michigan weather. Here are a few of my favorite coat trends:

1. Military Inspired

Try a heavier military jacket to transition from fall to winter. The bomber jacket is also a great option that makes any outfit effortlessly chic.

2. Pastels

Pastel coats are all the rave this season. Brighten up your typical fall or winter look with some of these great options. Colors aren’t only for spring!

3. Faux Fur

Faux fur is always ambitious, but these coats are worth the risk. Transform your entire outfit with a fabulous faux fur.

4. Plaid

Plaid is not just to wear around your waist or as a flannel shirt. These plaid coats are a fantastic alternative to your typical winter jacket. Plus, they will liven-up any outfit.  

Whichever coat you decide on for the season, make sure to own it and wear it with confidence. Happy shopping!

Images courtesy of: ASOS and Style Caster