21 Things Not To Beat Yourself Up About: The U Mich Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Hey girl, it’s totally fine…

To order cheesy bread from Pizza House at 3 am. We’re pretty sure calories don’t count after midnight anyway.

To wait until February 15th to buy bulk Valentine’s Day candy and then eat it all yourself!

To try six samples at Amers but not fully buy a yogurt.

To cab it from State St. to the Blue Lep.

To fall in the stands of the Big House because you cheered too hard as a Senior.

To learn Denard’s schedule so you can get a pic with him between classes. 

To carry a pair of roll-up flats in your purse for that 2 am walk home from The Brown Jug.

To tell yourself that Starbucks is a totally acceptable reason to be late to class.

To still avoid walking over the Block M on the diag even though you passed your first Blue Book exam.

To give up a good three (or more) hours of your day waiting in line just to get bleacher seats at Crisler Arena.

To treat yourself to a Collider at Rod’s.

To take the elevator to your class in the MLB, even though it’s only on the 2nd floor.

To run towards the last Bursley-Baits bus at 3 am screaming, “WAIT…FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WAIT!” We all do it.

To buy an outfit for a themed party you know you’ll only wear once.

To skip your Wednesday class because you stayed out too late at Skeeps the night before.

To break that spring break diet for the hippie hash at Fleetwood Diner after the bars close at 2 am… calories don’t count after a night out after all, right?!

To buy new Michigan apparel for every football game.  When else is it acceptable to wear a tutu in public?

To say watching a Grey’s Anatomy marathon counts as studying for your bio exam.

To pretend you’re talking to someone on the phone as you pass by the homeless men on State St.

To take up an entire table at the UGLi for yourself during finals time.

To go to Rick’s sober for an hour before realizing that if there was a fire, you would have no idea how to escape, and then promptly leaving before said fire could ensue.

Caroline is a junior at the University of Michigan, studying Communications & Writing. She was born and raised a Jersey girl but attends school in the Midwest and now lives out West in Arizona.  In her free time, Caroline enjoys playing tennis, reading James Patterson novels, cheering on the Wolverines at the Big House, lounging in the Arizona sunshine, and snuggling with her boxer puppy.