11 Reasons Why the UMich/OSU Rivalry is the Best Rivalry in College Football

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

The football matchup between UMich and OSU, also referred to as “The Game”, is known as the best rivalry in all of college football. And with both teams doing well this year (we’re ranked #10 and they’re ranked #8), the rivalry will definitely be one of the best and most watched games of the season. Keep reading to find out why the University of Michigan vs. Ohio State University rivalry is the best rivalry there is!

1. No matter how well each team is doing, people pay attention.

2. B1G football provides a tailgating experience like no other — aka it’s better than SEC tailgating (lol we don’t wear dresses).

3. Our two states had a literal war with each other.

4. The apparel. 

5. We always know friends and family who have betrayed to the other side and must be shown they made the wrong choice.

6. The game has turned into a tradition, being played the same weekend every year.

7. There has been a movie created about the rivalry…and it’s called, “The Rivalry”.

8. We also compete philanthropically, like with Dance Marathon and the Blood Battle.

9. We can both laugh when Penn State thinks they’re an enemy.

10. Bo and Woody were the original Harbaugh and Urban.

11. We both prepare more for this one game every year than any other two teams in college football.

We’re counting down the minutes until noon on Saturday! Go blue and happy tailgating!

Images courtesy of: University of Michigan Alumni, Twitter, College Flags and Banners, Beat Ohio Tumblr, Ann Arbor.com. 

Jaclyn Nagel is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at the University of Michigan. She is a senior studying English and Creative Writing and earning a certificate in Sales. She enjoys eating copious amounts of Ben & Jerry's ice cream and reading the Harry Potter books over and over again. Follow her on instagram as @manisandmojitos! And make sure to follow our chapter's Twitter and Instagram at @hercampusumich!