This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year: Winter Break! Here are ten essentials and fun activities to unwind after finals and to get you into the holiday spirit this year.

1. Fuzzy socks

There is nothing better than spending a snowy day in a big T-shirt and fuzzy socks (inside, obviously).

2. Starbucks holiday drinks

Best $5 you’ve ever spent. We recommend the Caramel Brulée Latte and the Peppermint Mocha!

3. Baking cookies (in a mug!)

Every lazy girl’s dream! Mix one tablespoon unsalted butter (melted), 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar (firmly packed), ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, 1 egg, 3 tablespoons of flour, and some chocolate chips in your favorite coffee mug. Microwave on high for 40 seconds. (Ice cream is optional but suggested)

4. Christmas movies

Elf, Love Actually, The Holiday, Polar Express, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Home Alone…need we say more?

5. Candles

Never underestimate the power of a good candle to make you feel cozy.

6. A good book

Nothing better than curling up with a good book by the fire and actually enjoying reading for once. P.S. You can never go wrong with Harry Potter…

7. Shopping day

Hit up the after-Christmas-sales with all of your new gift cards! We are literally running to Nordstrom as we speak. 

8. Ice skating

The best way to break the ice with your new bae or just chill out with old friends! 

9. Looking at Christmas lights

Drive around and look for the house with the best Christmas lights; hot chocolate and best friends highly recommended.

10.  SLEEP!

Enjoy your much-needed rest Wolverines- you’ve earned it!

Images Courtesy of: Pinterest, Blogspot, the Comfort of Cooking, the Odyssey, Media Cache, kstarcountry.com, paspapt.com, and miravalresorts.com, windagainstcurrent.com, blog.clearcompany.com

I'm currently a sophomore at the University of Michigan hoping to major in Communication Studies and English. My mission in life is to be so busy doing the things I love that I have no time for hate, regret, worry, or fear.