10 Ways To Get Rid of Spring Break Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

What makes spring break so exciting? Whether you’re travelling somewhere with friends, visiting your besties at their schools, or curling up on the couch with your loving dog, you’re bound to have an enjoyable spring break. The transition back to school from spring break (especially when that transition is accompanied by midterm assignments) can be rough. Here are some suggestions to consider to try and improve your first week back!

1. Check out some cool opportunities on campus—the Multi Ethnic Student Affairs group is hosting Moonlight this Tuesday in the League.

2. Go for a walk in the Arb. Maybe sound of the Huron River will remind you of sipping drinks by the beach.

3. If you’re really struggling with the lack of sunlight here in Ann Arbor, head to CAPS and sit under their sun laps!

4. Have a fun night in! Grab a movie, some snacks, and curl up on the couch, and relax.

5. Or go out! Dance away any post spring-break blues you might be experience.

6. Exercise and get those endorphins up!

7. Eat somewhere new, preferably somewhere with good, healthy food to make you feel rested and rejuvenated. Have you tried Avalon Café yet? Even their bread and jam is to die for.

8. Check out some of Ann Arbor’s wonderful book stores and find a book that can transport you from Michigan to a different, exciting city.

9. Head to a local animal shelter or pet store and play with some puppies! Interacting with animals tends to lower stress levels and lead to relaxation and joy. 10. Try out the Ann Arbor bike share program and explore some of the more residential areas of Ann Arbor.

The transition from Spring Break back to classes can certainty be trying, making sure you take care of yourself and trying to add a little fun into your schedule can make the transition a little easier!

Photos courtesy of Laura Hollander and Lila Velcoff