10 Tips to Help You De-Stress During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Well, here we are again in the last week of class, ready to take on finals. However, with exams, essays, and final projects, it can sometimes be hard to manage our busy schedules – let alone our lives. Here are some tips for ways to relax during finals and make sure you aren’t stressed.

1. Go for a long walk.

Walking will help you clear your head. Put your headphones in, listen to your favorite music, and try to be in the moment.

2. Go out for a nice lunch or dinner.

Treating yourself to food other than ramen noodles or the dining hall will give you the motivation you need to power through that 12-page essay.

3. Try a new look with your makeup.

We all know the saying, “If you look good, you feel good.” Doing your makeup will help give you the confidence you need to get an A.

4. Take a yoga class, or try one online at home.

De-stress with a yoga or meditation class and help yourself clear your head.

5. Spend time outside.

Being in the sunshine will give you just the right amount of vitamin D to stay energized.

6. Treat yourself to your favorite movie and a bag of popcorn.

Invite your friends over, grab a big blanket, and take a break with your favorite chick flick.

7. Clean your room.

Cleaning the physical space in which you live and study will help de-clutter the stress in your head as well.

8. Buy a new outfit.

Just like wearing makeup, the more put-together you look, the more energy you will have to finish your work.

9. Arts and crafts at home.

Throwing it back to activities from childhood will help you remember to enjoy life, even during finals week.

10. Don’t procrastinate.

And of course, don’t wait until the night before your paper is due to start it, and study a little bit everyday for your exam.

Good luck!