Who is Tefi? Everything You Need to Know About This Hilarious Social Media Creator

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Estefinia Pessoa, known to the internet as Tefi, is a 31-year-old social media creator/influencer/comedian/icon, originally from Miami, Florida. 

If you have never heard of her, in short, Tefi is a pop-culture connoisseur. Seriously.

I am convinced that Tefi could talk about the intricate inner workings of every famous person on the planet. She is quick-witted and her hysterical takes on the big Hollywood names you know and love will leave you with your sides hurting from laughter.

Living in New York City for close to a decade, Tefi actively posts online, documenting her daily thoughts, feelings, and inspirations.

With over 100 thousand Instagram followers, 112 thousand subscribers on YouTube, and 1.2 million TikTok followers, Tefi easily engages her audience with her hilarious content.

I first found Tefi around a year and a half ago when I stumbled upon her YouTube channel.

Her YouTube show, self-titled “Tefi,” first aired in October 2019 as a project under Dreams production, a start-up company looking for a personality to host and create a new internet TV show. Completely driven by her own crew and creativity, Tefi’s show was born. Commentating on stars from Lady Gaga, Lindsey Lohan, Lizzo, or the Liams (Hemsworth and Payne) to even Tom Hanks, Johnny Depp, the Beckham’s, and of course, all things Kardashian, Tefi leaves no stone unturned when it comes to celebrity news. She starts every show with, “There is no business like business that isn’t mine,” which I think perfectly encapsulates the vibe of the show. 

“There is no business like business that isn’t mine!”

-Estefinia Pessoa (Tefi)

Tefi is changing the definition of what it means to be a talk show host. By infiltrating an industry as competitive as entertainment and breaking into the predominantly male sphere of the talk show scene, Tefi is uncensored, unafraid, and unapologetic with her professional and personal life.

With her growing platform, Tefi has carefully crafted an online culture in which her fans feel like friends hanging out after-school to debrief on all the spicy gossip from the day.

Tefi made headlines recently regarding her appearance at the highly anticipated premiere of the film Dune, starring Timothee Chalamet and Zendaya. Wearing a dress designed by Silva Astore, Tefi soon fell victim to a viral wardrobe malfunction.

The dress had a large hole on her thigh, originally meant for her left leg to go through. Not knowing this, Tefi did not wear the dress as intended, which caused confused comments by fans, questioning the large hole in the front of the garment. Tefi, realizing after the event, posted a TikTok explaining her viral mistake and was able to laugh about the whole situation.

In March 2020, Tefi’s YouTube show announced a hiatus. But her content didn’t stop then.

Like most of the world at that time, TikTok became my main source of entertainment. My TikTok “For You Page” was FILLED with Tefi videos — and I was not the least bit upset.

With the short and fast paced nature of TikTok, Tefi adjusted quickly to the platform, filming countless series on different celebrities such as Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and Jennifer Lawrence, which have given her the massive following of 1.2 million.

Tefi is a force to be reckoned with in the digital age of social media.

If there is anyone who understands how Gen-Z consumes media, it’s Tefi.

My prediction? I think Tefi could be the next big TV personality, comparable to an Ellen or Jimmy Fallon. With many traditional TV shows moving their content to online platforms to cater to Gen-Z, Tefi is ahead of the game.

No matter the direction Tefi is going, her foot is on the gas. Hard.

And honestly, I am just thrilled to be along for the ride.

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets!

Samantha Baldacci

U Mass Amherst '25

Sam is currently a Junior at UMass Amherst studying Biology and Psychology. She enjoys reading, listening to music, aimlessly scrolling on TikTok, and hanging out with friends.