This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

It’s that time of year again: finals week. While it’s obviously important to be productive, everyone spends time procrastinating. Here are some television series that will help you pass the (procrastination) time. Come on, you deserve a break

1. Scandal

Olivia Pope and associates will keep you wanting more from this drama-packed series. Scandal tells the story of a woman who used to work for the President of the United States and now protects the image of the nation’s elites. There are more twists and turns in this series than one could hope for! Hopefully Olivia Pope will also motivate you through her character’s hard work.

2. Friday Night Lights

This show’s plot involves a small town where high school football is their heart and soul. There’s no doubt ou’ll get hooked on the life lessons and characters. 

3. Orange is the New Black

For those who haven’t seen this yet, it’s a mustsee! “OITB” revolves around Piper Chapman: a woman who’s sentenced to fifteen months in prison. It also tells the story of all the other inmates and how they ended up there. It’s funny, engaging, heart-felt and definitely worth watching during study breaks!

4. Friends

This classic series is certainly going to brighten your mood during finals week. Friends follows six twenty-somethings living in an apartment complex in New York. It’s a must-watch, or even a must-rewatch!             

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4

Sarah Newcomb

U Mass Amherst

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst