What Are Angel Numbers, and What’s Yours?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Have you ever looked at the time or walked home and saw repeated numbers, such as 111, 222, or 333? It may be more than a coincidence. If you’ve ever seen a series of the same numbers over and over again, then this is a sign of an angel number! People believe that angel numbers are a sign from the gods or the universe (whatever you believe in). It’s a belief that angels speak to humans in synchronistic ways and that seeing the same series of numbers so much is more than just a coincidence. You’re probably curious as to what angel numbers mean and how you can find your personal angel number. Keep reading to find out!

Disclaimer: This is only from my knowledge as well as my beliefs. This does not mean that you have to believe this as well. 

Angel number meanings

000: “New Beginnings and a Fresh Start on the Horizon.” This means that an opportunity awaits you. 

111: “Now is a powerful time to manifest your dreams.” This is more about intuition, trusting your gut, and believing what you want to believe. What is manifesting? Manifesting is taking something that you hope for and turning it into reality. You can do so by repeated chants, journaling, or simply attracting it by wanting it so deeply that it comes true. 

222: “You are on the right path.” This sign is telling you to keep doing what you’re doing, as it is the right path to your future. It’s also known as “alignment.”

333: “Your spiritual guides are working with you.” Whatever you’re currently working on that’s stressing you out, you are being helped through love and support. 

444: “The universe is on your side.” You are fully protected and guided by the universe, so continue what you’re doing, focus on your plans, and trust the process. 

555: “Huge changes are happening, but trust that it is for the better.” This sign will cause a bit of disruption in your life as major changes will happen, but none that will harm you — all will benefit you in the end. With this sign, you should not fear it but trust it and take the next steps.

666: “Reflect and refocus your thoughts from negative to positive, and from the material to the spiritual.” This is a warning that you need to refocus your thoughts and return to your purpose. Invite peace into your life for positive outcomes. The universe is telling you to wake up to your higher self.

777: “Wonderful things are about to happen.” Seeing this sign is the luckiest thing, keep doing what you’re doing and continue your luck in life. 

888: “Everything is falling into place.” Take this sign as a sign of meant to be. Large abundance for all is near, whether that be money, love, health, or all of the above! 

999: “It is time to let go of what is not serving you.” You are clinging too tightly onto the past and not focusing on your present or future. Release these things and move forward. 

1111: “You are at the right place, at the right time.” You are where you are meant to be at this moment.

How to calculate your angel number

Although your angel number is the sign you see most often, there is also a calculation for your angel number that people use. Your angel number is your “life path number,” which is why the calculation is your birthday. Simply take your birthday month, day, and year, then add all of those digits to get one number. For example, my birthday is Nov. 26, 2001 (11/26/2001). I would add 1+1+2+6+2+0+0+1, which adds up to 13. Then simply split that number up and add; 1+3 = 4. My angel number is 444, which personally I feel is correct and makes sense. 

Everyone’s interpretation of angel numbers is different, whether that be what the number means, or whether it’s even real. In the end, believe what you want to believe and manifest your heart out, as well as follow your heart and your angel’s callings. 

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Anna Nguyen

U Mass Amherst '24

Hi there, my name is Anna Nguyen. I am from Boston Massachusetts as well as a sophomore majoring in Public Heath and sciences! My hobbies include tennis, shopping, skincare and beauty.