Music has always been something to change my emotions in any type of situation. Feeling stressed? Music. Feeling unmotivated? Music. Feeling upset? Music. It literally can solve all of your problems. The music that you listen to can affect your mood immensly so it’s important to listen to the things that are going to make you happy. Because music makes me feel this type of way, something I enjoy doing is finding new music and making endless amounts of playlists. When it comes to this, Spotify is my lifesaver. Sharing playlists with people and having connections over music is something that should be appreciated.
This playlist is the ultimate ‘chill’ playlist to listen to whenever you are feeling anxious from school, bored at work, tired from doing homework, or even just walking to class. These feel-good songs are a mixture of new releases by some popular artists, old releases by some popular artists, remakes of some songs, and maybe even a few songs you have never heard before.
“U & Us” by Quinn XCII
This song was just recently released on February 15, 2019 along with a whole new album by Quinn XCII (pronounced Quinn 92). Quinn XCII is a relatively new artist, who only started releasing music in 2015. Some of you may know him for his more popular songs such as “Another Day in Paradise” and “Full Circle.” Anyone who enjoys this song should definitely check out his new album named From Michigan With Love, and check out his instagram @quinxcii.
2. “Almost (Sweet Music)” by Hozier
Another song that was recently released on January 16, 2018 by Hozier. Hozier has been releasing songs since 2013 and has performed at many different festivals including Lollapalooza and Coachella, and in 2019 he will be performing in Boston Calling and Hangout Fest. He also has a new album set to be released on March 1, 2019 called Wasteland Baby! If you are looking for more information on the new album and Hozier’s future performances, check out his instagram @hozier.
3. “Walls” by The Lumineers
This song, which is a cover of the original “Walls (No 3)” by Tom Petty, was remade in 2018 for the one year anniversary of the unfortunate death of Tom Petty. The Lumineers opened for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 2017, so recording this song was a way for them to honor him. They turned this song into a more slow, folk version of the original and it came out beautiful. Although The Lumineers do not have any new music planned to come out they do have performances lined up for Hangout Fest 2019 and 104.5’s Birthday Celebration 2019.
4. “Movement” by Hozier
5. “Dunno – Recorded at Spotify Studios NYC” by Mac Miller
6. “Tennessee Whiskey” by Chris Stapleton
7. Lost / Inside Our Minds” by John Vincet III
8. “For Emma” by Bon Iver
9. “Halo” by Ane Brun
10. “Tomorrow” by Shakey Graves
11. “Dead Sea” by The Lumineers
12. “My Eyes” by The Lumineers
13. “Foreigner’s God” by Hozier
14. “Like Real People Do” by Hozier
15. “Bare Bones” by Rainbow Kitten Suprise
16. “Emmylou” by Vance Joy
17. “Heart’s Content” by Brandi Carlile
18. “Where The Skies Are Blue” by The Lumineers
19. “Sweet Creature” by Harry Styles
20. “Come On” by Mikhael Paskalev
21. “Lost in The Light” by Bahamas
22. “Jackie and Wilson” by Hozier
23. “Cringe – Stripped” by Matt Maeson
24. “Battlecry” by Jordan Mackampa
25. “All the Debts I Owe” by Caamp
26. “Gale Song” by The Lumineers
For the premade playlist and more check out my spotify @emmahanley16!