Top 6 Reasons We Can’t Wait for the Return of “Game of Thrones”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

The hit HBO series Game of Thrones is scheduled to make its season four debut on Sunday, April 17. If you’re like me, last season left you dying for new episodes. We’re still not over the dreaded “Red Wedding” (let’s have a moment of silence for Lady Stark, shall we?). Here’s a list of the top 6 reasons why we CAN’T WAIT for Game of Thrones to return:

1) Daenerys Targaryen

Let’s face it: Khaleesi should be everyone’s woman crush. Not only does she positively kick butt, but she is b-e-a-utiful. Her dragons are fierce and her sass is out of this world. She’s taking the throne, with fire and blood, she is taking it, and we can’t wait to see her succeed.

2) The possibility of Joffrey’s death

Not to be a Debbie-downer or anything, but when is Joffrey going to die? He’s ruined the lives of almost every character on the show. You knew he was bad news when he killed Arya’s direwolf; there’s no coming back from that. And the way he treated Sansa? That boy needs to be taught some manners. Plus, let’s take a second to think about that creepy bow and arrow he used with the prostitutes. He’s easily one of the most hated characters on television and he’s just plain evil. You can admit it: you can’t wait to see Joffrey go.

3) White Walkers

So, what’s up with the white walkers? They’re terrifying and can only be killed with a blade protected by dragon’s blood. Sam could have saved the world, but no, he lost the knife. Sweet, Sam. Now the walkers are knocking on the wall’s doors, about to wreak absolute havoc. I don’t know about you but I can’t wait to see the chaos unfold. Fingers crossed Jon Snow is coming to save the day!

4) Tyrion’s sass and wisdom

Despite his size, Tyrion packs a punch – with his words, that is. He never lets a conversation end without a sassy comeback. He’s one of the smartest characters on the show, he’s hilarious AND he knows how to have a good time. He’s the man. Not to mention his relationship with Shae is adorable, even though it’s a bit on the rocks. We’re rooting for you, Ty!

5) The relationship between Ygritte and Jon Snow

This couple was the cutest thing to happen to television since Corey and Topanga. Okay, maybe that’s a bit of a stretch, but the point is that they’re awesome. You know, until Ygritte shot Jon with a couple of arrows. Jon’s switching sides left and right and no one really knows what’s up. Are they going to stay together? Are they finished? We need to know!

6) Stannis Baratheon’s Priestess of the Light

Stannis’ right hand woman, Melisandre, was up to no good last season. She cut into Gendry and tried to kill him, but failed when he was set free. No one really knows what she’s up to but we’re interested to find out. She’s obsessed with fire and to be honest, it’s kind of freaky. We’re just waiting to see what kind of plans she’s cooking up for Stannis this season.

So, uh, how many days until April again?

Photo Source: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Hi! I'm Katie and I'm a sophomore at UMass. I'm a Journalism and English major.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst