neonbrand I6wCDYW6ij8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand I6wCDYW6ij8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 10 Websites You Never Knew You Needed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

With 644 million (and growing!) active websites out there, you can pretty much guarantee there’s a page out there for every interest or question you might have. We’ve done the busy work for you and found some sites that will make your life so much easier. Here is a list of ten websites that you may not have known existed, but are probably going to leave you thinking, “where have you been all my life?

1. “Tip of my Tongue

This website’s tag line says it all, “Find that word that you’ve been thinking about all day but just can’t seem to remember.” Game changer.

2. “My Fridge Food

Never again will “ugh I have nothing to eat” be a problem. Just check off the ingredients you have in your fridge, and this site will come up with some recipes for you to make.

3. “Rate my Professor

I was surprised to find out that a lot of students didn’t know about this website! For those of you who have never used it, you can search for professors, who have been rated by students who have taken their classes. Ratings include easiness, clarity, helpfulness, and interest, as well as written comments by students. Definitely worth checking out before it’s time to enroll in classes!

4. “Sleepytime

How tired you feel in the morning has less to do with the amount of sleep you’ve gotten, but rather more to do with when in your sleep cycle you wake up. Use this website to figure out when you should go to sleep in order to wake up feeling more awake and refreshed!

5. “Intern Match

Looking for internships can be so stressful, but this website makes it much simpler! You can browse through internship postings in certain cities, companies, and industries. The website also has resources including cover letter and resume writing tips.

6. “Retail me Not

Find coupons for your favorite stores and restaurants, including ones that can be redeemed online. This website is also available as an app.

7. “PINCHme

I think everyone’s favorite word these days is “free.” And that’s exactly what you’ll get from this website, free stuff! From lotions, K-cups, and hygiene products, get samples delivered right to your dorm!

8. “Focal Filter

Social media websites are a procrastinator’s best friend (or worst enemy). This website will allow you to block these distracting websites for a certain amount of time. Now you have no excuse to not finish that paper!

9. “Songza

Songza creates a playlist for a range of situations. Choose the day, time, genre, and atmosphere and the website will help you pick the perfect music. It’s like Pandora’s cooler friend.

10. Just because.

Happy browsing!

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Allie Bush

U Mass Amherst

Senior Communication Major at UMass Amherst
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst