The Top 10 Best 90s TV Shows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

10. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

More than ten years after the show was on the air, we still remember that Will Smith was “in West Philadelphia born and raised.” Arguably, the best part of the show was the theme song.

9. Saved by the Bell

As much as we hate to admit it, we occasionally watch those Saved by the Bell reruns on TV. The show just perfectly showcases the innocence of the 90s. And also, young Mario Lopez, anyone?

8. Rugrats

Yeah, sure, it was a show for the younger generation, but we know that you probably had the holiday specials on VHS or the video game for the original playstation. 

7. Friends

Even if you didn’t watch the whole series, you still know all about Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler, and Ross. And you might have tried to copy Jennifer Aniston’s hair style, “the Rachel.”

6. 7th Heaven

We remember this show as the first time we were introduced to Jessica Biel, but don’t forget about Barry Watson, the attractive older brother. The show is one of the great 90s epics; it aired for eleven years!

5. Full House

DJ, Steph, Michelle Tanner, and Uncle Jesse. Enough said. We all loved watching the three girls grow up on screen, and don’t forget the annoying, lovable neighbor, Kimmy.

4. That 70s Show

Admit it, you learned how to act like a teenager from Eric, Donna, Hyde, Kelso, Jackie, and Fes. We all wished we had an Eric Forman in our group of friends in high school in order to have a designated basement for shenanigans. Also, it took us years to figure out that the name “Fes” was an acronym for “Foreign Exchange Student.”

3. Ally McBeal

Watching Ally and her coworkers in court almost made you want to become a lawyer. And don’t forget about John Cage; you could never resist laughing at his “p-p-p-ppp-Poughkeepsie!”

2. Felicity

Felicity is one of the great television love-triangle sagas. The Noel/Ben drama was exciting, but let’s admit it, we were always team Noel. Remember those cutely embarrassing tape recordings that Felicity used to make? So 90s! We still love Keri Russell and her delightful hair.

1. Boy Meets World

Nothing beats a good 21 minutes of Cory, Eric, Topanga, Sean, and Mr. Feeny. We all cried when Cory and Topanga got married, and we especially cried when Sean couldn’t let go of his bromance with Cory at the wedding. We saw the gang go from sixth grade through the end of college, and we still wish that Mr. Feeny were our neighbor and teacher.

Chloë Morse

U Mass Amherst

I'm a double major in Social Thought & Political Economy and Italian. I enjoy food, dance, social justice, art, foreign languages, music, and much more.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst