This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Finals are officially over at UMass! We are all so excited to be done with school for a whole month. No homework, no classes, and no more hellish group projects where you are unwillingly elected as the leader.

At home you are filled with holiday spirit. Your street glows at night with multicolored lights, your house smells of your mom’s famous homemade gingerbread men, and everyone is just a bit merrier.

You finally get to catch up with all of your friends from your hometown while simultaneously avoiding the rest of your graduating class. It’s nice to hear in detail about what everyone is up to at school (and Facebook creep on all of their new crushes and hook-ups).

New Years! There’s always pressure to have a crazy night. You will either get into a fight with your friends around the fact that no one wants to be the designated driver or throw in the towel and watch the ball drop in New York City on your television with your family at home. There are pros and cons to both options.

Before you know it, you start the second season of Parks and Recreation (when you just started season one the night before…). You realize that you spent the entire day staring at a screen.

You and your friends have been to just about every lunch spot and coffee shop in town. 

You feel like you need to work off some of those Christmas cookies but it’s snowing and you would rather stay indoors. Looks like “blogilates” on YouTube will suffice.

You start to actually miss even the most miserable aspects of being at school. All-nighters with your roomates, repetitive dining hall food, and even getting up for an 8AM oceanography class sounds amazing (almost) to you.

Before you know it you’re back at school and well-rested for an amazing spring semester!

Have a great winter break, Collegiettes!

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Emma Crowley

U Mass Amherst

Emma Crowley is a Junior at UMass Amherst. She enjoys frozen yogurt, fashion blogs, the smell of fresh cut grass, and endlessly stalking One Direction 
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst