The Smart Collegiette’s Guide to the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Welcome back, collegiettes! I hope you all had a wonderful Spring break but now it’s back to business. It’s the final stretch to summer vacation but it can feel like your brain has already checked out. Here are some tips to get through the last few weeks and to ensure your summer break is stress-free and fabulous!

1. Don’t start skipping class. The thought of school can be painful during the last few weeks before summer break but don’t allow yourself to throw in the towel just yet! There is still work to be done and half a semester to push through.
    Skipping class will only put you behind and cause extra stress during the dreaded finals week. Finish strong, you got this!
  2. Start applying to internships if you haven’t already started. It’s a bit late in the game to start applying to internships but better late than never. If you don’t know what you’re doing this summer, I highly recommend creating a LinkedIn to search for a job. It’s a great tool to find opportunities in a field you’re interested in. You can also try your luck with Craigslist under their Job section.
  3. Attend the April events. April is known in the college realm for being the month of numerous events, including the spring concert.
    So reward yourself for all your hard work by putting some fun in your agenda! Keeping your schedule exciting during the last few weeks is the best way to make the time fly by. Summer break will be here before you know it!
  4. Time to go hard at the gym. Okay collegiettes, it’s crunch time to get that summer beach body! Only a few weeks left so take full advantage of the Recreation center and push it. I’m going to need you all to give it 110% at the gym. Just keep this in mind: you won’t regret it if you do but you will regret it if you don’t! Think about how great you’ll feel when you get those results. Need some inspiration? Check out this awesome blog I found: http://reasonstobefit.tumblr.com/. So what’s your reason to be fit?
  5. Change your style up. Whether it’s getting a haircut or trying a new nail color, giving yourself a mini makeover can help you feel rejuvenated and renewed. It’s a great way to keep your life lively and a positive outlet for having summer on the brain.

Summer is definitely a time to look forward to but don’t fall behind now! If you push yourself and end the semester strong, you’ll have less to worry about during break. We’re all in this together, collegiettes. Show them what you’re made of!

Sources:

http://reasonstobefit.tumblr.com/

Julie Tran

U Mass Amherst

Julie Tran is a current senior majoring in Psychology at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst and Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus UMass Amherst chapter. She is a Boston native and has lived in the town of Brighton for the majority of her life.Julie works part-time as an administrative assistant at the Student Legal Services Office on campus. She is also the Co-Founder and Vice-President of Ed2010 at UMass Amherst and a certified Rape Crisis Counselor. Julie doesn't have any solid plans for the future yet but wants to pursue a career in marketing. Her life goal is to travel the world, live in New York City at some point, and have her own business.