Style > Fashion

Small But Always in Style: Jenna Ortega and Sabrina Carpenter Powerful and Chic Styling Guide for Petite Girlies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Being petite should not stop you from being stylish or chic. Despite having small frames, celebrities like Sabrina Carpenter and Jenna Ortega are recognized for their impeccable style. As a petite girl myself, I look to celebs such as Sabrina and Jenna for styling tips on how to dress for my size. So if you are a petite girl wanting to elevate your style, here are some tips and tricks that you can steal from their fashion handbook to look absolutely fabulous every day.

1. High-waisted bottoms

High-waisted bottoms are your best friend: High-waisted bottoms, which extend the legs and provide the illusion of height, are excellent for petite girls. High-waisted pants, shorts, and skirts are common clothing items worn by Jenna and Sabrina. Just pair them with crop tops or tucked-in blouses to help draw attention to your waistline and produce a balanced profile.

2. be confident in your skin

Be a little scandalous and show off a little skin: Crop tops, off-the-shoulder tops, and spaghetti-strap dresses are all subtle and stylish ways to expose a little skin. Showing off your collarbones, belly, or shoulders might help balance out your physique. Another way to elegantly show some skin is through sheer or lace fabric. We see this with Jenna’s incredible ensemble when she attended the Valentino fashion show in October 2022, wearing a midi black lace dress.

3. heels!

Invest in heels: You can immediately appear taller and longer by wearing a stunning pair of pumps or heeled booties. Sabrina is constantly seen rocking heeled booties on tour. Look for heels with a minimum height of 2 to 3 inches.

4. accentuate, accentuate, accentuate

Accentuate your best assets: Accentuate your best features, whether they are your legs, chest, or butt! Options include fitted dresses, v-neck tops, pencil skirts, and fitted jeans. Be confident in flaunting your curves.

5. one word one color

Submerge yourself in monochromatic: Wearing a single color from head to toe offers a streamlined appearance that gives the impression of height. For Jenna, we can see her draped in black for many red carpets and events.

6. a custom fit

Tailor it up: Petite girls benefit greatly from tailored clothing because it gives them a sleek and polished appearance. Frequently worn by Jenna and Sabrina, the waist-cinching coats and blazers help accentuate their feminine silhouettes.

Jenna Ortega and Sabrina Carpenter are two talented and stylish celebrities. Petite girls can elevate their looks by copying these two beautiful celebrities. Make a Pinterest board of their outfits or find similar clothing silhouettes, just remember to incorporate your own style and aesthetic into the outfits. Even though Jenna and Sabrina have similar rules when styling, they manage to have distinctive styles through their use of color, fabric, and clothing items. Use these tips and tricks as a guideline rather than a carbon copy, everyone has their own specific taste so cater these styling guides to express your own individuality.

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets!

Lenyx Le

U Mass Amherst '25

Lenyx is majoring in Studio Art, with a concentration in Animation. She enjoys going to museums, reading, fashion, and listening to music.