This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Decorating my room for fall is one of my favorite things to do, and I highly recommend taking time to make your space feel cozy and welcoming for the upcoming cold season. Walking into a home that reminds you of autumn can totally transform your stay. If you are looking for some affordable inspiration for this upcoming fall, here are some easy decor ideas you can implement while still staying within your budget.

Blankets

This warm flannel blanket to throw on your bed or couch can be used while watching some Halloween movies. Check out the different colors to fit your perfect fall aesthetic!

Welcome Mat

A pumpkin welcome mat can help you feel cozy before you even step in the door. Etsy has a ton more designs too! These welcome mats will add some functional spice to your front porch.

Decorative Pillows

Here are some pillow covers so you don’t have to buy a bunch of new pillows while decorating! I love these because they’re inexpensive while also adding some cozy elements to a room.

Halloween Soaps

You can use these soaps in the bathroom and kitchen, and even just to look at for some spooky decor! Place these in your room and guests will love the spooky aesthetic reminding them of Halloween. I think these are super unique, and they have such cute shape options!

Fall Mugs

This cozy mug is here for you to drink your favorite fall beverage from. There are so many other designs for fall mugs, and they will definitely get you in the autumn mood while drinking your morning coffee! Try out some fall recipes while you’re at it to spice up your menu!

Scented Candles

These pumpkin spice latte scented candles are so adorable and will make your place smell like fall immediately. Light these around your home to make the aroma smell amazing and delicious!

Themed Towels

Hang these towels up around your kitchen and bathroom to make guests feel welcome to the fall season. These are a perfect way to add small accents to a room for fall appreciation. They also are super practical while giving hints of autumn!

Pumpkins

Put these cute pumpkins around your home or even outside! They are such an affordable way to add a snug fall feeling to any room. Or, for an even more fun idea, head to a pumpkin patch and carve real pumpkins for a super spooky fall activity!

I hope these ideas make your space feel cozier and make the fall experience even better!

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Elizabeth Mooney

U Mass Amherst '22

As a senior at UMass Amherst, Elizabeth Mooney is studying Community Education and Social Change and is so excited to be writing for HerCampus for her third year! She writes articles on lifestyle, relationships, and college life so check them out! Feel free to follow her Instagram: @lizmooney02