Putting You On! My Current 3 Favorite Artists That Feel Like Fall

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

To me, every artist has a different vibe, and for each one, I can match a season to it. As fall comes to an end and Thanksgiving approaches, here are three of my favorite artists right now that to me, feel like fall!

Adrienne Lenker

Adrienne Lenker is Western Mass fall personified — seriously! The serenity of the music and lyrics set the scene perfectly, and her words are like that of the poets. She’s a little more underground than her band, Big Thief, but her solo music is just as great. Whenever I go on drives or study, I love to play her music. It’s great to study and chat with it in the background or to hum and sing along!

Current Favorites:

1. “anything”
  2. “not a lot, just forever”
  3. “ingydar”
  4. “two reverse”
  5. “half return”

Bon Iver

Every time I feel the air getting brisk and the leaves starting to turn, Bon Iver magically plays through my headphones. The vocals are just amazing! Each track’s instruments feel super seamless and calming. I used to love falling asleep to Bon Iver or honestly just listening to the music anywhere. The echoey instruments and folk vibe guide listeners through a variety of emotions, and to me feel just like a cold fall day. 

Current Favorites: 

1. “For Emma”
  2. “Skinny Love” (a great version of this can be found on YouTube here!)
  3. “re: stacks”
  4. “Flume”
  5. “Beach Baby”

Side note: I also would recommend you check out Wilco! The album pictured in this photo, A.M., is great!

The Smashing Pumpkins

Now this one I had to put in for a little bit of irony! But seriously, when I’m feeling less of a sad and cozy type of fall vibe, I love listening to The Smashing Pumpkins on my walks. Watching videos of them playing and their impressive guitar work is fascinating. The loud and intense instrumentals bring a sort of grunge vibe to fall that we all need to channel sometimes! The loud to soft guitar-heavy music is something I personally love. After all, what’s more fall than pumpkins?

Current Favorites: 

1. “Mayonnaise”
  2. “Cherub Rock”
  3. “Luna”
  4. “Cupid de Locke”
  5. “Today”

Honorable mentions: Lana Del Ray and Alex G have two different vibes, but they make great music for any season. I’ve really been loving these two recently. Lana’s soothing voice and dynamic lyrics and Alex G’s whiny voice and fantastic guitar are both incredible. I love them, and I can’t quite figure out why, but for some reason they remind me of fall! I hope I’ve inspired you to listen to some music to get you in the mood for fall — happy listening!

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets!  

Marin Mercer

U Mass Amherst '26

Hi! I'm Marin Mercer, a freshman at Umass Amherst in the college of education! I love listening to music, reading, writing, and laughing with friends!