Pimp Out Your Dorm (Without Spending Mad $$$)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Nothing is worse than returning home and having it not feel like home. There are so many sick things you can add to your humble abode to make it feel more cozy. I have collected 5 top items to make your bedroom awesome without spending loads!

Tapestries

They are great because they add so much color to your wall and can set the theme for the whole room. Urban Outfitters is great for these, while they can be pretty expensive check out the sale section. Any avid urban fan knows just wait a little bit and all regular prices items will go on sale. Check them out here!

Lights

Lights can make such a difference! They are a great way to set the mood when you want and add a cozy feel too! There are so many options for cute lights not just the normal white or colored Christmas lights. Get creative and go for chili pepper, beer and horse lights! I would go to eBay for this; they have such a great selection! 

Fake Flowers

Flowers are always classy and even though they are plastic it’s ok, we are in college. Fake flowers make the room just look more put together. You can jazz them up in a cute vase or show off your favorite alcohol brand by keeping them in there. You can find them in any arts and crafts stores or in some bigger all-purpose stores; your local Home Depot might even carry them! Check out these options from Amazon.

Monograms 

What better way to add your signature style to a room than your actual signature in the room? Monograms are so fun and look great on anything. Etsy has a great selection, from Lily Pulitzer print monograms to different colored options. They run between 20-30 bucks.

Heels!!!

Show off your heel collection and add color to your room! Place your heels under your bed, on top of your desk or in other visible places and let them do the work for you. The different colors of each heel will add amazing shapes and as a bonus inspire you to get dressed up and go out more often.

Have fun decorating ladies!

Oriana Schneps

U Mass Amherst

Live in Cambridge MA! Love scuba diving and horseback riding. I am a undergraduate student at UMass Amherst majoring in Hotel and Tourism Management and Biology. You can contact me at OSchneps@UMass.edu