The Perks of Being an Only Child: As Told by Kim Kardashian

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s been a multiple times when I begged for a little sister or brother. Like on my knees – begging. I would go over a friend’s house and envy, until they got into an argument of course.

As I’ve aged, I’ve realized that being an only child is actually really amazing… not that I could change it if I wanted to. So after awhile, you don’t yearn for siblings anymore. You get used to it, trust me. Here are a few perks of being the only child:

Being spoiled. If there’s any only child that you know who disagrees with this – they just don’t want to hurt your feelings.

When you run out of money and you ask your parents – it usually ends up like this.

When they say no, just throw this face at them.

You learned all about sharing in kindergarten for no reason. You NEVER have to share, ever.

If you want options, you’ll get them all.

The relationship you have with your parents is amazing, literally the best thing in the world – because well, you don’t have to share them either.

You’ll always be the favorite.

Sometimes your mom decides it’s the perfect day for mother and daughter mani-pedis.

So if you ever wonder what it’s like to be a only child, know that it’s just as great as having siblings – we all win.

Ellanje Ferguson

U Mass Amherst

Ellanje Ferguson is a senior Journalism and Communications double-major at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She serves as the current Campus Correspondent-President and was the former Head Photographer and Social Media Director of Her Campus UMass Amherst. She has a large interest in writing, social media and fashion editorial work. She loves to write and give style advice! Aside from this, she enjoys blogging, listening to music, and of course - shopping.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst