The Perfect Lip Colors For Your Particular Skin Complexion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Ladies, you are all naturally beautiful. Many of us know though that make up is a life saver. Trust me, if it weren’t for makeup I do not know where I would be today. I would probably be hiding out in a cave far away from all civilization. The one article of makeup that I think makes a world of difference though, is lip color. Here, I have the perfect lip colors that match your particular complexion.

If your skin complexion is:

Fair: you should try applying a magenta tone, a light pink, or a light peach.

Medium: you should apply a blood red, a barbie pink, or a peach color.

Olive: you should apply a dark red, a berry pink, or an apricot color.

Deep: you should apply a brown/red, a dark berry pink (more of a purple), or a dark apricot.

I strongly recommend Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter to show these perfect lip colors. A lot of girls do not like lipstick while others do not like lipgloss. This is the perfect combination of both; your lips will not feel chalky like lipstick but they also won’t feel gooey like lipgloss. This lip butter will feel soothing for your lips while at the same time look amazing. There is no better combination than looking AND feeling great.

Apply these, whether you are going out for a night at Lit, out to a frat house, or just walking to class. If you are the daring type, try the red tones. If you are going for an innocent, yet flirty look, you should go for the pink colors. If you want a natural effect, you should go with the light peach/apricot colors. Your face will glow, and I guarantee all the boys will be staring.

My name is Abbey Miller. I am a sophomore at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and my major is Communications. My favorite things in life are my family, my friends, my education, makeup, shopping, and Taco Bell.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst