This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

There’s not much I love more than good workout clothes. They are cute, comfortable, and make you look put together. I honestly feel like I do better in a workout class when I am wearing a good activewear outfit. Not only do they have the ability to make or break my workout, but they’re also a huge part of my everyday wardrobe. I wear leggings to class basically every day, and when the weather gets warmer I switch them out for running shorts. You will also catch me in a sports bra almost every day as well. However, I do not always have the money to buy all the expensive activewear I want, and I can only wear the same matching sets so many times a week. So, after searching high and low for a way to solve this problem, I have finally found the solution — Old Navy. 

What I love most about Old Navy’s activewear is the quality. If you held up the fabric and asked me to guess which company made it, I would not guess Old Navy. It’s honestly shocking how good it is, and has definitely improved in recent years. It reminds me of Athleta, which makes sense considering they are sister brands. There is so much attention to detail and how good the clothes look. If the thought of paying $100 for leggings physically pains you, you can rest easy knowing that you will be getting a pair for much cheaper at a very comparable quality. If you have ever shopped at Old Navy before, you know that there are constant sales, making the already great prices even better. They also do a good job of being size-inclusive, so they are overall much more accessible than other activewear brands.

Another reason I love Old Navy’s line of workout clothes is their attention to trends while also having so many simple, versatile pieces. I would say that almost everything on their website is in style. I love a good matching set, and Old Navy has many of those to pick and choose from. A lot of neutrals too, which are both trendy and timeless. Something that initially drew my attention to the brand is the one piece that went viral on TikTok; which is a performance bodysuit for women. There are a few versions of this piece that, as I mentioned earlier, are always on sale. My friend was able to snag hers for only $18, which is insane for what you’re getting! I also personally love the longline bra tops. They are super supportive so you don’t have to worry about wearing anything under them. I just think they give such a sleek and simple look that you could even keep on after your workout ends.

If you’re looking to get into working out more or even just wanting comfortable but cute clothes I would highly, highly recommend checking out Old Navy. Not a lot inspires me more than a new set to work out in. The pieces are cheap but super long-lasting. Even if you are not sure about the brand, it is more than worth it to at least try them out. I can’t wait to see what they put out next!

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Brynn Geary

U Mass Amherst '24

Brynn is a senior and a communication and sociology major at UMass Amherst. Aside from writing, Brynn spends most of her time dancing, going to concerts and searching for the perfect iced oat milk latte.