Night In Or A Night out? Four Things To Do On A Night In With Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Fall is here and winter will be coming in a couple of months. That means that it is time to snuggle up with friends and find things to do inside…if you are thinking about ditching a night out. Going into my senior year of college, I find myself having more fun spending a night in with friends and bonding. These themed nights are ones that I have hosted and attended! If you are looking to relax a bit more, here are some fun things to do on a night in this fall with your friends! 

1. Movie Night 

I have got to say, nothing beats a good movie night. A couple of weeks ago, my friends and I decided to order some food and watch a movie together. It was an amazing time to unwind and relax with people that I cherish! There is no need to put on your best outfit or have a killer makeup look. You can show up as you are and just relax! You and your friends can watch a classic like Twilight or watch a new movie! 

2. Game Night

Hosting and/or attending game nights have been super fun this semester. It is a great way to get to know other people. Some games that I recommend are Uno, Cards Against Humanities, and a fun one called Chameleon. Games that get people to tell things about themselves are always the most fun. I have learned insane things about my friends through playing games. Go out right now, buy a pack of Uno Cards, and bring some friends over! 

3. Bake Night 

Who doesn’t love treats? I am a big fan of making cookies, brownies, or muffins! Baking a couple of sweet pastries with your friends in the fall is such a fun activity to do with friends. Imagine taking fresh, out-of-the-oven cookies and dipping them into some warm milk while watching a movie. In your pajamas. Nothing really beats that! If you want to skip the baking, order a couple of treats from Insomnia Cookies! 

4. Self-Care Night

These nights are all about things that go towards self-care. Grab a bunch of your friends, put on some masks, and detox! While you guys are pampering your skin, feel free to put a fun comedy show in the background. Nights like these are essential. Especially during the busy season of midterms. 

Movies and TV shows heavily glamorize the going out scene in college. While this can be fun, one of the best nights I have personally had were nights in! It was a way for me to foster deep connections with my friends while relaxing. A good night at school to me is one where I am surrounded by those that I care about, which doesn’t always equate to a night out. I hope that you bring these fun themes to your houses for the rest of the semester! While going out is fun, you are always guaranteed a good time during a night in with your closest friends. A night in will save you a couple of bucks and the ice cold weather at night.

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Niajah Hyppolite

U Mass Amherst '23

Niajah Hyppolite is currently a senior majoring in Sociology with a minor in Political Science. During her free time she enjoys watching comedies and spending time with her loved ones. She loves reading memoirs and always has a caffeinated beverage in her hand at all times. This is her fifth semester with HerCampus and she is very excited to write!