toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Keep It Classy on Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

As it’s said in Mean Girls, Halloween is the one day of the year where a girl can dress however she wants and not get called a slut for it. This may be Northshore High’s philosophy but I’m not sure I want it as mine! It’s one hundred percent possible to look hot and still keep your class. Here are some tips on how to do it.

Flaunt What You Got

Whoever said showing more skin was going to find you your first spouse was totally wrong. Maybe that skimpy outfit will predict where you’ll be at the end of the Halloween night, but that’s about it. Now, I’m not saying to wear your grandmother’s nightgown to that Halloween party, we all want to flaunt what we’ve got, but let’s be smart about it! Flaunt your legs in some heels or expose your collar bone in a top that shows it off. No one wants to see anything popping out anyway, so you’ll be ahead of the game by dressing to impress for Halloween the smart way.

Too Much Chest?

Showing a little bit of clevegy is sexy, so rock it! But once you find yourself pulling your top up every five minutes, that is a sign to button up that top a little more. No one wants to be that sloppy girl at a crazy Halloween party so avoid being her by covering (most) of your goods.

How Short is Too Short?

This is the question women will be asking for centuries to come. How short can I go? If you drunkenly drop your phone and have to bend over and everyone can see your behind, you probably need to add a few inches to this costume. To avoid being this girl, make sure that the costume you get works for your body and that you are comfortable in it. The more comfortable you are in something the better the chance that it’s going to fit in all the right places. 

Have fun and stay classy this Halloween, Collegiettes!

Katy Rieber

U Mass Amherst

My name is Katy Rieber and I am currently a freshman at UMass. Right now I am undeclared but I am looking to go into public relations, journalism, communications, and studio art for photography. I am from New York City and I have a huge interest in fashion. I love seeing Fall Fashion Week in Manhattan and spotting cute street style. My fashion icons include Whitney Port, Lauren Conrad, Sarah Vickers, and Blair Waldorf. I am so excited to be writing for Her Campus and I'm looking forward to writing more articles as the year goes on.