This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Do you ever watch a movie or read a celebrity magazine and think, “wow, that lady looks stunning at the grocery store. How is this possible!?”  Well, celebrities have teams of people whose sole purpose is to make them look fabulous. Plastic surgery and daily facials are unrealistic for collegiettes, however you don’t have to shell out major cash to pamper yourself like a celeb. Read on for at home beauty treatments the hottest starlets swear by…
Skin Savers: 

For softer skin, actresses like Terri Hatcher and Jessica Simpson have been known to pour two glasses of wine into their baths at night. Wine is full of antioxidants that will help to keep your skin looking young and fresh. I mean, look at Ms. Desperate Housewife! She looks the same as she did in the 90’s.

Everyone knows that you need a good cleanser to keep skin clear, but some celebs such as modelKarolina Kurkova have switched to a cheaper alternative: lemon juice! The jaw-dropping Victoria’s Secret Model washes her face with the juice of a fresh lemon. It acts as a cleanser by sloughing off dead skin with its natural citric acid. 

You may think that Supermodel Adriana Lima doesn’t have to worry about zits, however even the Brazilian beauty gets breakouts. Lima always has tea tree oil handy to dab on her problem areas. It helps to reduce inflammation and kill the bacteria that cause pimples.

Pearly Whites: 

Even though it may seem like everyone in Hollywood has a perfect smile, not all celebs have veneers. Like us mere mortals, some still have worry about teeth discoloration caused by different food and beverages. Actress, Catherine-Zeta Jones uses crushed strawberries mixed into a paste with baking powder to naturally whiten her teeth. 

Healthy Hair:
Are your locks feeling the pain from being over processed and pulled? Model Lakshmi Menon uses coconut oil to tame her mane. Apply oil starting from the scalp down and let it soak in for about an hour. Rinse out well with shampoo and conditioner and your hair will never have felt more luxurious. 

The stylists for raven-haired beauty, Liv Tyler, recommend something from the freezer for ultimate shine. Taking an ice cube and sliding it up and down the hair follicle chills it and seals the cuticle, which makes hair sparkle.

Nails: 

If you struggle with brittle nails and hang nails, try this beauty trick from America’s Sweetheart Julia Roberts. Take a bit of olive oil in a bowl and simply soak your nails in the oil a couple of times a week. Simple as that!

So, though you may not be able to afford a team of beauty experts, you can definitely walk over to your pantry and try these cheap and effective home remedies of the stars!