This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Unless you’ve somehow managed to go the past five years without Instagram or Twitter, you’ve heard of Glossier. Glossier (pronounced “Gloss-ee-yay”) has taken over the Internet, focusing on enhancing what’s underneath, rather than covering up. Established as a small beauty blog by Emily Weiss in 2014, Glossier has boomed into a billion dollar company over the past five years. Known for adorable minimalistic packaging and skin-care based beauty, men and women alike have incorporated Glossier products into their everyday routines. Here are five of Glossier’s products I believe are worth checking out:

The #1 best seller, Boy Brow.

Claiming to focus on the three most important aspects of brow care- thickness, shape, and grooming- Boy Brow is Glossier’s number-one best seller. It is available in clear, blonde, brown, or black. Additionally, it is free of alcohol, fragrance, paraben, and cruelty. It’s appropriate for all skin types, as well as hypoallergenic, ophthalmologist tested, and dermatologist tested. With a few simple swipes, no brushes needed, you’ll have yourself a fluffier, bolder brow that stays in place all day.

My personal favorite, Balm Dotcom.

A top rated product, Balm Dotcom describes itself as a do-everything skin salve. With eight different “flavors” available, Glossier claims that balm dotcom is “packed with antioxidants and natural emollients to nourish dry, chafed skin”. This product can be used not only for your lips, but also your cuticles, eyebrows, eyelashes, and anything else that needs some serious moisture repair. The flavors include Original, Birthday, Rose, Cherry, Mint, Mango, and Berry. My favorite is the original, and every night before bed I use it on my lips and cuticles. 

Glossier’s only mascara, Lash Slick.

You guessed it, another top rated product! Lash Slick is Glossier’s only mascara, and for good reason. This product took 248 formula attempts before they decided that the product was perfected enough to put on the market. One of my roommate’s favorite products, she agrees that her lashes are curlier and longer after using it, even without a lash curler. Microfibers infused in the formula allow for length extension, and flexible film-forming polymers lock each lash into place. This product is water-resistant, not waterproof, so it can be washed away with warm water at the end of each day.

My all-time favorite blush, Cloud Paint.

Cloud Paint is a gel-cream blush that is available in six different shades: Storm, Dawn, Puff, Dusk, Haze, and Beam. Ranging from soft peach to warm rose, Cloud Paint has an option for every skin tone, thanks to its buildable coverage. However, I’d like to forewarn those reading this that a little goes a very long way! I have a tan complexion with a yellow undertone and my favorite is Dawn, a sunny coral.

Glossier’s fragrance, Glossier You.

I first used this product at the Glossier pop-up shop in Boston, unaware that Glossier even made perfume. The girl working informed me that the perfume was supposed to bring out my own personal scent. I had no idea what this meant, but when I first applied the fragrance all I could smell was alcohol. However, after a few moments I began to smell like a freshly watered garden. My favorite part of this fragrance is that it does not smell identical on anyone, but good nonetheless!

Images: 12, 3, 4, 5

Mae-Lou Zaleski

U Mass Amherst '22

Despite being a longtime resident of Massachusetts, Mae-Lou was born in Hunan, China, and adopted at the age of one. She grew up in a Jewish household, attending synagogue from the age of five. When she was just three years old, she fell into a hot bonfire pit, and has received fifteen surgeries. She is a proud Asian American Jew, burn survivor, and member of the LGBT community. She has always had a passion for literature and writing, and enjoys talking feminism, pop culture, and self love.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst