Kayla Bacon-Girls With Beanies
Kayla Bacon-Girls With Beanies
Kayla Bacon / Her Campus

Fall Fashion: How To Style Jadon Doc Martens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Last fall, I made the best choice regarding fashion. I bought myself a pair of Jadon Doc Martens. I saw them in one outfit on Instagram and decided that it was what I have been waiting for — and it was. Jadon Doc Martens are the perfect way to elevate a boring outfit. Wearing a simple outfit and you want to make it look more interesting? Doc Martens. Want to find a way to make the way you dress more interesting and fun? Doc Martens. They are classic boots to own and will be appropriate for any and every season. I am not lying. Read that again. Once my boots came in, I was intimidated by them. How could I style these big chunky boots? With some experimenting and looking at Pinterest, I found four ways I could perfectly style my Docs. 

1. Flare jeans 

This is an easy one. Flare jeans are made to be worn by Jadon Doc Martens. The way that the fabric covers over half of the boot makes any outfit that you have look elevated and more interesting. My favorite outfit to wear with my Doc Martens is my corduroy brown jeans, with a black top over a brown sweater vest. Pairing it, of course, with my white puffer jacket. This outfit combo is incredibly interesting and will definitely make people take a second look at you. 

1. Dresses and skirts 

Boots with a dress? Seems kinda weird right? It is not the first thing that comes to mind when you think of boots, but trust me, it will pull your outfit together. This past summer, I wore my Doc Martens with a white top over a blue dress from Zara paired with my black bucket hat. This was one of the most pulled-together outfits I have had in years. Doc Martens work with dresses because the platforms add a layer to your outfit. It will 100 percent pull everything together. 

1.  Trousers 

This past summer, I found the perfect pair of trousers to go with my Doc Martens. If you pair trousers with your boots, it can give off a very sophisticated but cute look. I paired my Docs with tan trousers and a cute cheetah print top with my bucket hat this summer. I loved the way that the pants covered half of the boot! 

1. Midi skirt 

I love this combo. At first, I was not sure if it could work, but it does. If you wear a long midi skirt, paired with a tank top or a crop top, it would look amazing. The Doc Martens with your midi skirt can add variety and make your outfit look more interesting. 

My tip for wearing Docs is to wear them with pants that will cover half of the boot. For example, big cargo pants, baggy jeans, and flare jeans. If it is in the summer, you can easily pair Doc Martens with a cute skirt or dress. Overall, Doc Marten Jadon boots are incredibly versatile and can be worn every season. I loved them so much that I bought the regular Doc Martens with platforms and the Chelseas with the platforms. I can easily say that I wear them regularly on campus. Not only are platform boots cute, but the extra height will make you feel more powerful. I promise.

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets!

Niajah Hyppolite

U Mass Amherst '23

Niajah Hyppolite is currently a senior majoring in Sociology with a minor in Political Science. During her free time she enjoys watching comedies and spending time with her loved ones. She loves reading memoirs and always has a caffeinated beverage in her hand at all times. This is her fifth semester with HerCampus and she is very excited to write!