This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Ladies, be honest: Does your make-up counter look like this?

Find yourself stumbling around in the morning looking for that brand new Maybelline Falsies mascara that you just bought? It’s definitely time to re-vamp that counter top and get yourself organized for the semester! Keeping your make-up organized doesn’t have to be hard or expensive. Here are a few cheap and chic tricks to keep your make-up clean, pristine, and in brand new condition!

Brushes

I know that I’m tired of having my make-up brushes just laying about on my dresser, they look so sad! So here are some cute ideas to spice up your brush collection.

Use any small glass container (Mason jars work best) and fill them with stones, jewels, or tiny beads to hold your brushes upright and in place. This adds a cute, organized feel to your dresser. If you happen to have more brushes than you can deal with, organize them by type (foundation brush, eyeshadow brush, blush/bronzer brush, etc.) in multiple glass containers. If you feel crafty you can even decorate these jars to add a personalized feel!

Compacts

Ladies, we can all agree that dropping one of our beloved blusher, bronzer, or powder compacts is one of the worst things in girl world. We pray, as we pick our little compact up off the ground, that it hasn’t cracked into one thousand pieces and curse ourselves for not being more careful and organized! Here are a couple image inspirations to never drop a compact again and make sure that they stay tidy and happy.

Eyeshadows, Eyeliners, Mascaras

Using this mini, three drawer organizer will help you keep your eyeshadows, eyeliners, and primers neat and orderly! Organizing each make-up item by type into the drawers will help you remember where everything is and makes morning prep less stressful.

Spend less time looking for things and more time beautifying! Good luck organizing, ladies!

Check out some cute and affordable make-up organizers at these websites!

For Mason Jars: www.amazon.com

For Cosmetic Organizers: www.containerstore.com

Katy Rieber

U Mass Amherst

My name is Katy Rieber and I am currently a freshman at UMass. Right now I am undeclared but I am looking to go into public relations, journalism, communications, and studio art for photography. I am from New York City and I have a huge interest in fashion. I love seeing Fall Fashion Week in Manhattan and spotting cute street style. My fashion icons include Whitney Port, Lauren Conrad, Sarah Vickers, and Blair Waldorf. I am so excited to be writing for Her Campus and I'm looking forward to writing more articles as the year goes on.
Julie Tran

U Mass Amherst

Julie Tran is a current senior majoring in Psychology at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst and Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus UMass Amherst chapter. She is a Boston native and has lived in the town of Brighton for the majority of her life.Julie works part-time as an administrative assistant at the Student Legal Services Office on campus. She is also the Co-Founder and Vice-President of Ed2010 at UMass Amherst and a certified Rape Crisis Counselor. Julie doesn't have any solid plans for the future yet but wants to pursue a career in marketing. Her life goal is to travel the world, live in New York City at some point, and have her own business.