This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

7 Gift Ideas for the 2011 Holidays

The holidays are a time for you to make excuses and buy things you don’t really need; the more you look at it, the more you want it and just have to have it. If you’re buying for your boyfriend, here are a few items that won’t break the bank and will definitely warm his heart for the holidays.

The Kindle
This retails from $79 brand new on Amazon up to $199 for the newest and most interactive version. The battery on these things seems to charge itself, which is awesome; I wish my phone did that. With Wi-Fi capabilities and textbooks for sale straight to your device, this thing is a powerful study tool as well.

Sennheiser DJ Headphones
Do you know that guy that has been on thissongissick.com too many times, has loaded every song to his iTunes and thinks he’s a DJ now? Well just cause he’s been fooling around with dub step doesn’t mean you need to hear it. Make him at least look the part and get some pretty sweet headphones for about $80.

Beer of the Month Club Membership
What else can I say, except…free beer. Every month. This gift is a no-brainer. The website, www.amazingbeerclub.com, picks great microbrews and mails you a new 12-pack every month. I can deal with that. A 3-month membership is going to run you about $100. The same site has similar clubs for wine, sauces and just about anything the foodie in your life could ask for.

Phone Accessories
There are lots of cases, cool attachments and powerful mini-speakers out there. When it comes to something that’s $20, I challenge you to find a better buy than this, the ultimate marriage of technology and function: the beer opening iPhone case. God Bless America.

Personalized Flask
Classy enough to show off, but small enough to take where you shouldn’t. Emboss his name in leather and he’s going to show it off to all of his friends. It’s only $29.95, so the price is definitely right.
Find personalized flasks at www.redenvelope.com.

Nice Shoes
Every guy needs a few different types of shoes in his closet. Look around; there are lots of great deals out there. So if he’s rocking the same sneakers every day, think about something a little dressier that can make him stand out and practice for the real world, (it’s coming fast.) These $39.90 Polo loafers from the Nordstrom Rack are at a huge discount, and he can wear them all year.

Tickets
Hop onto Stub Hub and take a look at what’s coming up. Don’t take him to see The Nutcracker or something “Off Broadway,” (unless that’s his thing.) With the Bruins, Celtics, and many concerts in the area, there will be no problem picking up some tickets for a reasonable price. You’re probably going to get a dinner out of it, so make it happen! Everyone wins.