This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

If you ask me what my favorite store is, there’s a good chance I will say Trader Joe’s. If you’ve never been, drop what you’re doing and go right now.

Kidding aside, Trader Joe’s is a specialty food store where you can get pretty much anything you might find at your typical grocery store (but better, in my humble opinion). Aside from their awesome selection of food, they also always give out free samples; I always leave having tried, and usually having bought, something new. And, they are a lot more reasonably priced than you might realize! I encourage you to try anything there that catches your eye, but here are my picks for the best Trader Joe’s buys:

Gyoza PotstickersThese frozen dumplings come in many different varieties, including chicken, shrimp, pork, and veggie. Chicken is my personal favorite but they are all good! Plus they can be pan fried or just microwaved, so you don’t need a full kitchen to make them! 

Gone BananasJust thinking about these are making my mouth water. These are individually sliced and chocolate dipped bananas. They are so good, it will only take one sliver to get you addicted.

Mandarin Orange Chicken (paired with their frozen jasmine rice)If you get nothing else from this list, get the mandarin orange chicken. Trust me on this one, your life will be changed for the better. I recommend serving it over their frozen jasmine rice, but it is perfectly delicious on its own.

Seasonal FoodsNothing gets me in the holiday spirit–whatever the holiday may be–quite like some of Trader Joe’s seasonal treats. Three of my favorites are the spiced apple cider, pumpkin spice granola, and the Candy Cane Joe Joe’s. If you could taste autumn air, it would taste like Trader Joe’s spiced apple cider and granola. And the Candy Cane Joe Joe’s taste somewhat like Thin Mints, but…dare I say…better? As they are seasonal items, you can only get them at their respective time of year and they sell out fast, so definitely stock up. (I would be lying if I said I haven’t bought 5 boxes of Joe-Joe’s in one trip).

Cookie DunkersDon’t you hate when your cookie is too round for your milk cup and you can’t dunk it properly? #TheStruggle. Problem solved, thanks TJ’s.

Wine Country Chicken SaladCalling all chicken salad fans. This chicken salad is so tasty and has all sorts of goodies in it like cranberries, pecans, and celery. If you want a sophisticated lunch, this is for you.

Mac and Cheese BitesDreams do come true.

What are your favorite Trader Joe’s finds?

Images courtesy of Google.

Allie Bush

U Mass Amherst

Senior Communication Major at UMass Amherst
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst