This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

We all love lipstick right? However, using the right lip colors has always been one of makeup’s faults. Sometimes we forget that not all colors correspond to the seasons we’re in. Yes, there are those colors that we can rock all year ‘round like red. But, we want to make sure to stay in relation to the season. Check out these five fall lips colors and give them a try!

Nude. Nude lips are always welcomed. In the fall, it becomes an extremely common color. Because there are many variations of nude and all of them are perfect, find the one that you’re most comfortable with on your skin.

Plum. The darkest of all, plum is one of the best fall related colors to wear on your lips. It’s a daring color, so definitely give it a try! It looks great on all skin tones, and is perfect in either a matte or satin finish.

Burnt Orange. Just like your favorite leaf color this fall, burnt orange is a really nice color and looks great! Burnt Orange is a very particular color and can clash with a lot of different things, so be careful! Try it with some cream or white-based outfits for balance.

Burgundy. Unlike Plum, Burgundy is a more reddish shade of purple and is sometimes compared to the color of wine. If you don’t want to be so daring – try this color out a few times. Here’s a warning: this may become your new favorite color.

Last but not least, Red. Because of how trendy red lips are, there is no particular season in which it prevails. However, if you want to try something new but enjoy this classic statement, try to use a new red lipstick that has a matte finish for a little more oomph!

P.S. These are just a few of the many make-up brands out there, feel free to try any brand and find the one you like best!

Ellanje Ferguson

U Mass Amherst

Ellanje Ferguson is a senior Journalism and Communications double-major at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She serves as the current Campus Correspondent-President and was the former Head Photographer and Social Media Director of Her Campus UMass Amherst. She has a large interest in writing, social media and fashion editorial work. She loves to write and give style advice! Aside from this, she enjoys blogging, listening to music, and of course - shopping.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst