Ask David: Your Questions, Real Answers (Welcome Back Ladies!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

I want to start by welcoming everyone back for the spring semester. For some of you, it will be your last, and for others it’s just another opportunity to bring your GPA up so the year is not a total wash. Spring is the perfect time to start fresh in school, socially and in your love life.

The semester starts off with a bang. Valentine’s day can be a perfect time to get a relationship going, as that’s what the holiday is all about, right? If that doesn’t happen for you, no worries; a nice box of chocolates will make the day worthwhile, not to mention 50% off on candy at CVS on the 15th. I know Twilight and The Vow are coming out on the same weekend. If you’re trying to pin down the guy you want, stay away from the theater. If you’ve already got a guy patient enough to go with you, congratulations. (Valentine’s Day is on a Tuesday, so movies are only $5) If you don’t think Cupid’s arrow is going to make it your way this year, don’t worry; there will be plenty of chances to catch up.

Amnesia. Amnesia and selective memory are fantastic things. By forgetting about instances you’re not proud of and taking them as lessons, live your life the way you want to this semester. The “hindsight is 20/20” factor is true. All break you had a chance to reflect on the fall, and I’m sure you know where you could have done something differently. Maybe you wanted to ask that cute guy from your English class out to coffee and never did. Maybe you were someone’s booty call one too many times and regretted answering his texts. For now, you can’t necessarily change the past, but since this is only college, you’ve got plenty of time to keep looking for Mr. Right. Until then, you can settle for “Mr. Right Now.”

Then there’s this weekend. With add/drop ending, you’ve got readings, homework, and if you forgot to check Rate My Professor, maybe even a test. So take this weekend to get ahead and get things done. Wait; there is that one little Super Bowl thing. Super Bowl Sunday is arguably the biggest day in all of sports, and is the highest rated TV event of the year. With the beloved Pats playing a hated rival, the campus is split.

If you’re hanging out with your guy friends, check out www.pinterest.com for ideas on what to make for the big day.
The easiest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, and that is a fact. Enjoy the game; don’t get caught up in a riot, and get the semester started right!