Are Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce a New Power Couple? I Think So

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

I guess even Taylor Swift can hard launch a relationship. Although there were rumors swirling around about football heartthrob Travis Kelce and world-renowned pop star Taylor Swift, that’s all they were for months — rumors that no one can really prove. That is until the new power couple shook the internet with Taylor Swift showing up to support Kelce in red lips and a red shirt. Kelce looked awfully excited and practically had hearts in his eyes while looking up to see Swift and Mama Kelce in the box.

A lot of people have a lot to say about the new couple. Some believe it’s all a big publicity stunt, some believe it will bring big exposure to the NFL because of the Swifty Army, and some believe it will do the opposite and bring NFL fans into to the Taylor Swift Army. Some hate the focus on Taylor Swift during the most recent games and some believe it brings an entertainment factor to the football season. Whatever the case is, I personally believe it could not be a better pairing — talk about two opposites but two beloved by everyone.

One of the things I believe to be most amazing about the pairing is they’re both very well-known beyond their career bubble. Even if you aren’t a pop fan, chances are you still know who Taylor Swift is. Similarly, most people know who Travis Kelce is even if they don’t watch football. They know his touchdown dances, his funny mic ‘d-up compilations, or maybe even his podcast with his brother. Everyone knows Taylor from her numerous Grammy awards and you literally can not escape her music on the radio.

So maybe it is annoying that the NFL talks about Taylor Swift every few seconds or maybe it is annoying that people are saying Travis Kelce is only dating TSwift for popularity. But maybe this is the perfect opportunity to bring two unlike fandoms together and bring more women’s awareness of the NFL and more men’s awareness of the pop genre. And let’s be honest, both sides could always do better with some unconventional fans and watchers coming into their industries. The more the merrier, right?

I just hope I get to see Kelce doing his little dances while Taylor is performing in front of a crowd of people. And I can’t wait to see more of Taylor Swift cheering on Travis while he does what he does best on the field. Regardless of your feelings, there is no denying that Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are a power couple, and I can’t wait to see their relationship continue to unfold in front of our eyes.

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets 

Jolie Leavitt

U Mass Amherst '25

Jolie is a Sophomore at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, majoring in Legal Studies with a Business minor. Some things she loves is reading, travel, female empowerment, music, and anything Harry Styles or One direction.